Sarah wallet in Monogram or Vernis

1. Megs and I welcomed our baby boy earlier this month and wanted to share the news with the TPF community. Come say hello to Baby Vaughn!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I've never owned a Vernis piece, and I'm looking at the Sarah to replace my DE Zippy Compact. I used that wallet every day for 4 years, and I'm proud to say I just sold it looking pretty much like new. Granted, I took great care of it, but I just love the durability of canvas :smile:

It's between the Sarah in RB Vernis or Monogram canvas. I think I'd be ok as far as color transfer goes - I have actually been known to carry my wallets in my purses with their dust bags on lol - but is there anything else I should know about Vernis? Does it wear as well or better than Monogram?

2. I've had bad experiences with Vernis. I only blame myself. Color transfer, ink spots, I was so bummed when I found my pieces in that condition. It was a lighter color, kinda like Dune maybe. I still have the two pieces but will end up selling them as a "project" for someone else.

The Sarah is my favorite wallet & I have it in the "groom" line, Mono and a beautiful empreinte color. Good luck on what you choose.