Sarah Jessica Parker & Matthew Broderick

I was just watching her on SATC last night. She looks best with her hair full and blondish, worn loose and with pink cheeks. She is very slender and I think that does show in her face when she wears more severe looks.
It was probably supposed to be an "artistic" look for the Met but she didn't look comfortable or her best in it.

Reactions: peppermintpatty
I don't see all of the work done on her face. The hair is pulled back too severely, the eyeshadow- whoever did that should be fired!!!! She is very thin. She is 53ish. That thing on her head looked like it weighed 25lbs. I wonder what it did weigh??? She looked to me like she was trying to balance that big thing on top of her head and he11 yes I would have looked tired, uncomfortable, and miserable.
To me I see a woman who has moments of beauty, of being pretty. Mostly she is unique and has great hair and a great body. Everyone makes a fashion faux pas. That was hers. Again she really does take the "costume" part to heart. This time a little too excessively. Oh and I think she smokes- that doesn't help.
I will still take her any day of the week over the women with fake boobs, butts (Cough Kim- Khloe), lips 5 sizes bigger than their natural lips, and lets not forget the joker look. If I am right- who knows! If she hasn't done tons of work I hate to see her get bashed when there are so many others that deserve it more. You know who I'm talking about- there are plenty of them!!!!!

I don't think she's getting "bashed" any more than what happens on other threads.

She doesn't look good. Something is off with her face and it looks like work to me. Granted it doesn't seem like it's all over but it's not good whatever it is. I also think the lack of body fat on SJP has never benefited her, it's ageing.

Reactions: anitalilac
I think it's a long face thing. They don't age well, particularly when body fat is non-existent. Add the lack of volume from hair being pulled tight and it's a mess. The makeup was meant to remind you of old paintings, to my eye, and it's atrocious. She needs loose hair, preferably curls to soften the hardness. I like her for not capitulating to fillers and lips, buy this look was a miss. Her face was so harsh I didn't even notice the outfit.

Sometimes I feel like there are people who have a procedure that actually ends up making them look older....couple that with her smoking, lack of body fat and the clothes wearing her, it's making her look so much older than she is in reality. I don't know what she did to her face but it certainly looks like she had work done.

It's really a shame that women can't age in Hollywood but at the same time women also like to constantly the utter the phrases "she should dress her age", "she should dress like a mother", "she looks like a slut", "she should...." unfortunately, we've been conditioned to praise/value youth in women more so than in men and then when you've reached a certain age or become a mom, we've been conditioned to believe that you should exhibit no sex appeal.

I don't think the comments here are any worse than other threads....folks break their "twitter fingers" in the Kardashians/Jenner threads to insult those women regardless of who they offend/insult in the process.

Sometimes I feel like there are people who have a procedure that actually ends up making them look older....couple that with her smoking, lack of body fat and the clothes wearing her, it's making her look so much older than she is in reality. I don't know what she did to her face but it certainly looks like she had work done.

It's really a shame that women can't age in Hollywood but at the same time women also like to constantly the utter the phrases "she should dress her age", "she should dress like a mother", "she looks like a slut", "she should...." unfortunately, we've been conditioned to praise/value youth in women more so than in men and then when you've reached a certain age or become a mom, we've been conditioned to believe that you should exhibit no sex appeal.

I don't think the comments here are any worse than other threads....folks break their "twitter fingers" in the Kardashians/Jenner threads to insult those women regardless of who they offend/insult in the process.
I think for me the difference here (and I have made critical comments on this thread) is I like her and I think most people do. I have no respect for the Kardashians so don't feel bad for any criticism they get.

We all lose volume in our faces as we age. Having a face lift will accentuate this and be especially visible if you already have a long face as she does. And pulling the hair severely back doesn't help. To me it's the black eyeliner that needs to go, it makes her eyes look very small. She needs to soften the look and ditch the black especially in the water line, as we get older we need white in that water line and not black.

We all lose volume in our faces as we age. Having a face lift will accentuate this and be especially visible if you already have a long face as she does. And pulling the hair severely back doesn't help. To me it's the black eyeliner that needs to go, it makes her eyes look very small. She needs to soften the look and ditch the black especially in the water line, as we get older we need white in that water line and not black.
I don't know about the white in the waterline but totally agree about the black liner. That heavy black eyeliner is so aging as we get older....all of these celebs who made that a part of their signature look in their youth can't seem to let it go.