Sapphire necklace: your thoughts?

dster1

O.G.
Sep 10, 2012
Hey everyone, I recently purchased this necklace and loved it at the store but now I'm having second thoughts. What do you think of this necklace? Is it dated, classic, or casual enough for everyday wear? Fwiw, I'm in my 20s and work in a corporate environment in a major city. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• image-2084473480.jpg
    image-2084473480.jpg
    407 KB · Views: 1,553
  • image-298938137.jpg
    image-298938137.jpg
    387.5 KB · Views: 495
  • image-2126672864.jpg
    image-2126672864.jpg
    406.5 KB · Views: 464
I think it's gorgeous. It's very classic and timeless. Personally I don't think I would wear it now (I just turned 30) as it's not my style, but I see my friends wearing similar pieces with some very edgy outfits and they make it work. If you have second thoughts maybe you could try some other style like diamond by the yard or another solitaire... It really depends on your style and personality.

I also think it is lovely but am rather biased as my mum has a beautiful sapphire/diamond necklace set in 18k white gold with matching earrings which I am currently coveting from her jewellery box :graucho: I love this look and feel it is classic and will not date. Obviously everyone suits and loves different things though, so if you are already having second thoughts then perhaps this necklace isn't for you and you should get something else you love more?

I think it a beautiful color and very classic looking. I think it is a nice piece for your twenties and will continue to be lovely at any age. It is a good size.... draws the eye without being flashy or ostentatious. I think depending on your top/outfit & the length of the necklace, it would be very easy for this piece to look casual/dressy.

I think that's a gorgeous necklace! I really love the detailing on the sides of the pendant. I think it's a classic piece, and I don't really see it as being for a specific age group. I believe it could be dressed up or down pretty easily.

It's a very lovely pendant and I think very suitable for your age and corporate environment. I wonder if maybe you are questioning it now because of the chain? To me the chain appears "cheap" in comparison to the pendant which looks very "rich".

I love it. It's classic and timeless, and the sapphire is such a pretty color. If you want a more casual or edgy look, consider putting the pendant on a leather or silk cord.

Thank you for your input, ladies! I guess I was only second guessing it because in some lower lit areas the sapphire looks black. Perhaps I just need to get used to it?

I think it is very pretty . This type of style is very much back in fashion in the UK due to Kate Middleton's engagement ring .
So much so my 17 year old daughter keeps borrowing one of my older rings in this design.
At the end of the day though it is you that has to love it.
The last time I was unsure about a necklace I spent a day looking to see if I could find anything better and didn't so stuck with my original choice .

I think it is timeless and will suit you for the next 20 years or so, so it would def. a good piece, esp. for corporate environment. It's not so dress up but still sparkle IYKWIM, and would go with lots of style, up or down.