Santa brought a brand new bag - but a question!

img

Life is short. Buy the bag.
O.G.
Jan 3, 2008
Hello all and Merry Christmas! DH SHOCKED ME with an Alma GM in Amarante this morning. I actually wanted the PM, but I also love the Speedy in Empriente. DH says I should get exactly what I want since the bag was very expensive BUT he bought it on October 26th!! Will LV allow me to exchange it tomorrow? Do they "extend" their return/exchange policy over the holidays? I think I want the Speedy 30 Empriente which is more money. Any experience with this type of "late exchange"?? DH asssumed I could exchange it with no problems but he didn't know about their strict policies. He got the bag online, but I have a good relationship with an SA at my local store.

Thanks!

forespec

Feb 6, 2013
I agree you should get the perfect bag you want
and I don't think lv would be that picky on the exact date
you can always call and tell them what happned, but I think you should
just go and exchange it for what you wanted
and congrats :smile:

Last edited:

LVlvoe_bug

O.G.
Jul 14, 2012
Hello all and Merry Christmas! DH SHOCKED ME with an Alma GM in Amarante this morning. I actually wanted the PM, but I also love the Speedy in Empriente. DH says I should get exactly what I want since the bag was very expensive BUT he bought it on October 26th!! Will LV allow me to exchange it tomorrow? Do they "extend" their return/exchange policy over the holidays? I think I want the Speedy 30 Empriente which is more money. Any experience with this type of "late exchange"?? DH asssumed I could exchange it with no problems but he didn't know about their strict policies. He got the bag online, but I have a good relationship with an SA at my local store.

Thanks!

What a sweet hubby!! Congrats on a beautiful alma...I think if you have a good relationship with your SA, they will let you exchange....The empreinte speedy is a great bag to exchange it for, I think you'll love it!!!

Pavla

O.G.
Dec 28, 2010
Good luck for the exchange!!!
In my store they would not do that ~ I bought mini pochette with sequins in blue, but I was not using it as I found that shade of blue too difficult to combine with any outfit. After the 30-day period I asked about exchanging for the black one which is more versatile, but no way. 30 days and enough.
Perhaps you will have better luck, try it.

deacc

ninja mode
Jan 20, 2013
I will say go into the store and talk to your SA. Seeing it is a XMas gift and he bought it early on ( good job DH for not waiting until last minute) your bagpipe will show that you have clearly not use it. (2 months since purchase). Good luck!

img

O.G.
Jan 3, 2008
DH and I are going to the store together first thing tomorrow morning! I really hope they allow me to exchange because the GM is absolutely HUGE on me and I do not want to keep it. The prices have increased since he bought the bag but DH said he doesn't care if we have to pay the difference for the Speedy Empriente 30. DH is confident they will allow me to exchange it. I hope so! Wish me good luck tomorrow! I don't know if my favorite SA will be working, but luckily the entire staff is really nice.

arrival

O.G.
Apr 10, 2012
DH and I are going to the store together first thing tomorrow morning! I really hope they allow me to exchange because the GM is absolutely HUGE on me and I do not want to keep it. The prices have increased since he bought the bag but DH said he doesn't care if we have to pay the difference for the Speedy Empriente 30. DH is confident they will allow me to exchange it. I hope so! Wish me good luck tomorrow! I don't know if my favorite SA will be working, but luckily the entire staff is really nice.

Good luck !
Is your DH not upset ?

img

O.G.
Jan 3, 2008
Good luck !
Is your DH not upset ?

No, not at all. He wants me to get what I really want. There are certainly other bags he has bought that he would have been hurt if I exchanges but I've been mentioning the Speedy Empriente for a while now so he just bought this one thinking I could exchange it. Poor DH. He went totally pale when I told him the exchange policy was only 30 days. But then he was like "Oh it's brand new and we'll just tell them it was a Christmas gift. They will understand". I hope they do because DH spends lots of money on LV for me and I know any problems will turn him off immediately.

LVlvoe_bug

O.G.
Jul 14, 2012

I tried the same bag and found it really too big to use,too....I hope you are able to exchange, let us know what happens!