Sanguine vs. brique (VL)?!

kashmira

Team Orange
O.G.
Feb 6, 2008
This picture of the new colours was posted here by cayenne-pepper.
attachment.php

birkin101 posted a picture of a brique (VL?) Birkin here
attachment.php

Does anyone know if sanguine is similar to brique (VL)? Also does anyone know what will be the colour of the stitching on sanguine?

I found it very much like brique it changes in certain light angles and also shifts a bit more between a deep 70s orange and red as opposed to the difined reds,like garance or vermillon I have to say I personally do not love it in this area of reds I prefer rouge indienne .

kashmira, I have not seen anything Sanguine in real life. But early on, when I enquired with my local SA who went on the July podium what Sanguine is like, she said "it's like Brique". :biggrin:

Recently, I discussed the new croc colours with another store's SM, and she too said Sanguine in croc is like Brique. :biggrin:

Would be interesting to see how close these 2 colours are! :biggrin:

More sanguine for you kashmira -my dress from June 2010 is color-coded sanguine, here it is compared to my Rouge H chamonix post-it holder. I can't wait to see it in leather!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG02786-20101120-1515.jpg
    IMG02786-20101120-1515.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 1,400
  • IMG02787-20101120-1515.jpg
    IMG02787-20101120-1515.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 1,823
hi kashmira, i am a fan of brique and i must say that after seeing the leather swatches, its pretty and BOLD unlike understated brique but sanguine is not for my collection because i find the color "in between colors" its neither red nor orange....its reminds me of tomato, its red with lots of orange in it.
but if you are looking for a color in between, this shud be your color. HTH

hi kashmira, i am a fan of brique and i must say that after seeing the leather swatches, its pretty and BOLD unlike understated brique but sanguine is not for my collection because i find the color "in between colors" its neither red nor orange....its reminds me of tomato, its red with lots of orange in it.
but if you are looking for a color in between, this shud be your color. HTH

Thanks for your reply! I have seen the leather swatches but I had a hard time to imagine what a bag (Kelly) would look like in sanguine and I am still very curious...

Kashmira, I was just like you, very hesitant about sanguine. I thought the color was amazing on swatches but was somewhat worried about how it would look on a bag...and to be honest the picture of the birkin above didn't really ease my doubt on whether I would like it or not. I'm not really a pink person per say, nor red for that matter and that picture shows sanguine as a pinkish red (at least on my computer).

Well I was lucky enough to be offered a 28 kelly retourne in sanguine at a store this past weekend and just fell in love! I had always said to myself that I wanted a color that popped if I ever got a Kelly because my style is so casual, its not ladylike at all. When the SA showed it to me I knew I had to have it. It definitely had a more orange-ish tone than that picture suggests but I do think its a chameleon like color, the lighting will definitely affect how it looks. I will post pictures once I receive the bag, which should be today (I had it Fedexed to me). Hope this helps!

Kashmira, I was just like you, very hesitant about sanguine. I thought the color was amazing on swatches but was somewhat worried about how it would look on a bag...and to be honest the picture of the birkin above didn't really ease my doubt on whether I would like it or not. I'm not really a pink person per say, nor red for that matter and that picture shows sanguine as a pinkish red (at least on my computer).

Well I was lucky enough to be offered a 28 kelly retourne in sanguine at a store this past weekend and just fell in love! I had always said to myself that I wanted a color that popped if I ever got a Kelly because my style is so casual, its not ladylike at all. When the SA showed it to me I knew I had to have it. It definitely had a more orange-ish tone than that picture suggests but I do think its a chameleon like color, the lighting will definitely affect how it looks. I will post pictures once I receive the bag, which should be today (I had it Fedexed to me). Hope this helps!

Oh now I am as exited as you must be!!!!!!! A 28 cm Kelly retourne is what I am thinking of and it would be absolutely GREAT if you could post some pictures of it once you have received it!