Sanguine vs. brique (VL)?!

kashmira

Team Orange
O.G.
Feb 6, 2008
Scandinavia
This picture of the new colours was posted here by cayenne-pepper.

birkin101 posted a picture of a brique (VL?) Birkin here

Does anyone know if sanguine is similar to brique (VL)? Also does anyone know what will be the colour of the stitching on sanguine?

birkel

O.G.
Jan 17, 2009
I found it very much like brique it changes in certain light angles and also shifts a bit more between a deep 70s orange and red as opposed to the difined reds,like garance or vermillon I have to say I personally do not love it in this area of reds I prefer rouge indienne .

mrssparkles

Happy
Mar 25, 2006
kashmira, I have not seen anything Sanguine in real life. But early on, when I enquired with my local SA who went on the July podium what Sanguine is like, she said "it's like Brique". :biggrin:

Recently, I discussed the new croc colours with another store's SM, and she too said Sanguine in croc is like Brique. :biggrin:

Would be interesting to see how close these 2 colours are! :biggrin:

kashmira

Team Orange
O.G.
Feb 6, 2008
Scandinavia
This picture was posted by w.y.h here.

The colour looks rather red (at least on my screen). Does anyone know if there are some more pictures of bags in sanguine?

loveaddict

me =love+shop addict
O.G.
Dec 21, 2007
H ~appines la la land
hi kashmira, i am a fan of brique and i must say that after seeing the leather swatches, its pretty and BOLD unlike understated brique but sanguine is not for my collection because i find the color "in between colors" its neither red nor orange....its reminds me of tomato, its red with lots of orange in it.
but if you are looking for a color in between, this shud be your color. HTH

blanchetcf

Nov 20, 2009
I should be receiving my 32 Kelly in sanguine today. I will try to post them if others don't before me.

kashmira

Team Orange
O.G.
Feb 6, 2008
Scandinavia
hi kashmira, i am a fan of brique and i must say that after seeing the leather swatches, its pretty and BOLD unlike understated brique but sanguine is not for my collection because i find the color "in between colors" its neither red nor orange....its reminds me of tomato, its red with lots of orange in it.
but if you are looking for a color in between, this shud be your color. HTH
Thanks for your reply! I have seen the leather swatches but I had a hard time to imagine what a bag (Kelly) would look like in sanguine and I am still very curious...

blanchetcf

Nov 20, 2009
Kashmira, I was just like you, very hesitant about sanguine. I thought the color was amazing on swatches but was somewhat worried about how it would look on a bag...and to be honest the picture of the birkin above didn't really ease my doubt on whether I would like it or not. I'm not really a pink person per say, nor red for that matter and that picture shows sanguine as a pinkish red (at least on my computer).

Well I was lucky enough to be offered a 28 kelly retourne in sanguine at a store this past weekend and just fell in love! I had always said to myself that I wanted a color that popped if I ever got a Kelly because my style is so casual, its not ladylike at all. When the SA showed it to me I knew I had to have it. It definitely had a more orange-ish tone than that picture suggests but I do think its a chameleon like color, the lighting will definitely affect how it looks. I will post pictures once I receive the bag, which should be today (I had it Fedexed to me). Hope this helps!

kashmira

Team Orange
O.G.
Feb 6, 2008
Scandinavia
Kashmira, I was just like you, very hesitant about sanguine. I thought the color was amazing on swatches but was somewhat worried about how it would look on a bag...and to be honest the picture of the birkin above didn't really ease my doubt on whether I would like it or not. I'm not really a pink person per say, nor red for that matter and that picture shows sanguine as a pinkish red (at least on my computer).

Well I was lucky enough to be offered a 28 kelly retourne in sanguine at a store this past weekend and just fell in love! I had always said to myself that I wanted a color that popped if I ever got a Kelly because my style is so casual, its not ladylike at all. When the SA showed it to me I knew I had to have it. It definitely had a more orange-ish tone than that picture suggests but I do think its a chameleon like color, the lighting will definitely affect how it looks. I will post pictures once I receive the bag, which should be today (I had it Fedexed to me). Hope this helps!
Oh now I am as exited as you must be!!!!!!! A 28 cm Kelly retourne is what I am thinking of and it would be absolutely GREAT if you could post some pictures of it once you have received it!