Sanguine Croc Birkin vs. Mykonos Croc Kelly

Sanguine Croc Birkin vs. Mykonos Croc Kelly

• Sanguine Croc Birkin

• Mykonos Croc Kelly

Results are only viewable after voting.

DavidK

Aug 3, 2013
Hii... I need some major help please!

I have multiple regular leather Birkins and Kellys in my collection in various colors that I use regularly. Since last year, I started to get into crocs and have been lucky enough to get offered a croc Birkin in Sanguine and croc Kelly in Mykonos which I purchased.

While I can afford to keep all my bags, I can't help it but feel guilty of spending so much money on bags and have decided to let go one of my crocs and donate the money to help with building a school in my home country.

I can't seem to be able to decide which of my crocs to keep. If it is you and you absolute have a pick one of the two, which one would you keep? I'm 30, 5'5'', long dark chocolate brown hair.

Thanks everyone for your help!!!

Attachments

• securedownload.jpeg
    securedownload.jpeg
    183 KB · Views: 1,261
Last edited:
I would keep the sanguine birkin. A red croc birkin is timeless. You can carry it until eternity. For the Mykonos croc kelly, it's a beauty too; however, if I were FORCED to choose, I would like this one go because imo the blue color is quite youthful.

Wow, what a tough call. I would decide for the next 2 or 3 weeks, only carry these 2 bags, ans the one you use the most, then get rid of the other one.

Personally, I would use the Kelly more, both for color and shoulder and hand carry-able.

Lastly, bravo for donating the money to build a school. Best of luck:smile:

I LOVE Mykonos in croc, so I am going that way. If the Birkin were a truer red, I might feel that was more a forever classic, but to me Sanguine isn't deep enough.

I like your plan and am glad to hear the thoughts of someone who is reflecting on what else the money for a bag could do in the world. I think about this a great deal and have considered a thread on the topic but decided it was not likely to go well.

Wow, what a great cause, I admire what you're planning on doing. For me personally I would keep the Mykonos only because I prefer Kelly's over Birkins, I like the shoulder carry option and find Kelly's more versatile from day to night. I never carry Birkins at night. But the real question is since you've had both, which one do you carry more and which do you favor? We all carry some bags more than others. Then you'll have your answer. Good luck!

I LOVE Mykonos in croc, so I am going that way. If the Birkin were a truer red, I might feel that was more a forever classic, but to me Sanguine isn't deep enough.

I like your plan and am glad to hear the thoughts of someone who is reflecting on what else the money for a bag could do in the world. I think about this a great deal and have considered a thread on the topic but decided it was not likely to go well.
Hi QuelleFromage, def consider starting the thread on the topic. I think you will get some good support. I think there are many people like us on this forum who love fashion and beautiful things in life but wonder how many good causes and people we can help with one bag. Immigrating to the US when I was young, my mom has always taught me to make sure to give back to the mother land and never forget our root. It's been her dream to build a school in the under developed part of China to provide kids with education. We are now looking at the cost and processes and we are looking forward to making it happen!

I think the Kelly is gorgeous!!! I feel sanguine is not THE best red. You can probably get a better red in the future.

I love what you are doing in China. The project of building a school can actually help many. Please let me know if I can help in anyway. I work there.

Hi QuelleFromage, def consider starting the thread on the topic. I think you will get some good support. I think there are many people like us on this forum who love fashion and beautiful things in life but wonder how many good causes and people we can help with one bag. Immigrating to the US when I was young, my mom has always taught me to make sure to give back to the mother land and never forget our root. It's been her dream to build a school in the under developed part of China to provide kids with education. We are now looking at the cost and processes and we are looking forward to making it happen!

To both you and QuelleFromage, I totally concur and feel happy to read these charitable sentiments and intentions on tpf. Nice to read about tpf members helping others, in addition to looking at pretty bags:biggrin:

My vote goes to Kelly as well. I like birkin more in regular leather and Kelly in croc. You're inspiring many of us to think about good cause instead of only thinking about good bags! :smile: hope your project goes well!

DavidK I think your generosity is wonderful! I think either bag would be wonderful on you from your description. I think it depends on you and your style, what colours you wear more often. Again your kindness to others is so very nice to hear. I believe many people here are very charitable, but we rarely hear about it, so thank you for sharing!!:flowers: