Sangle or frame?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I want to buy my first Celine. I like the box but it is too expensive. I am now choosing between sangle and frame. Which one is more classic? I know the wide band is trendy but I am afraid it gets out of fashion soon, also I heard it makes people look fat. Any suggestions?
    IMG_3674.JPG IMG_3686.JPG

2. I would choose the frame bag, because it is fully closed, can carry essentials and is a bit dressier. The sangle is much more casual. If you love the box you should save up for that.

beemeowmeow likes this.
  3. I'd go for the sangle. Far easier to match - dressy or casual. It isnt "trendy" so I don't think it'll look dated for quite a while. I dont think wide bands are trendy - they are comfortable, which is pretty important for one shoulder carry bags.

BB8 likes this.
  4. Posts like this are silly. A bag doesn’t make somebody look fat - fat makes somebody look fat.

It would appear that you need to give more consideration to what you choose to buy based on sensible factors. If someone here tells you the sangle is trendy does that mean you won’t buy it?

You should decide yourself what you like, the bag should be functional first and foremost and fit the needs for which you intend to use it.

I like both bags you’ve mentioned, the sangle stays on the shoulder and fits quite a bit. It’s a very understated casual bag. The frame bag will scratch but it’s a beautiful bag. Again typical Céline understated aesthetic.

But if you’re just settling I would wait and buy a box bag. You can get them preloved for at least two thirds of retail price.

5. the small size sangle wears more comfortably than the frame because the strap is made of canvas/fabric so it's more soft.

i think the small sangle looks better on petit girls ... I'm 172cm, i find it the small sangle too small on me.

Price is also a big factor, sangle is much cheaper than frame i think? if you are looking for a more practical bag, i would go with the sangle.

6. is the sangle in storm color? so beautiful!

the frame's color combination is so tempting too......

7. I have a small sangle in black and it is one of my favorite, most used bags! I find it to be the perfect size and it goes with everything. I too was unsure about the strap at first but now I love it. It’s comfortable and gives the bag it’s unique look. Because everything else is so simple, I don’t think it’s trendy- just unique. But the strap comes off and you can always attach any other strap of your liking (I don’t think you will want to though). I have never tried to the frame bag and I am sure it is lovely. Just speaking on my love for the sangle ❤️

8. curious to what you decide to get :smile: i have the frame bag and love it. so roomy, love the look and very comfy to wear, i like wearing it crossbody. though in the summer months it gets hot from the leather strap. small detail. i'm now looking at the small sangle (said i wouldn't get another celine after the PP left) but the new sangle colors are catching my eye, esp the cloth fabric one - perfect for summer. has anyone seen it in person?
    the box has been on my list for a long time too but never get around to pulling the trigger. i've kind of gotten over it now and it's not a high priority.

beemeowmeow and Sophia like this.
  9. I love the Frame, but I can only wear it crossbody. It slips off my shoulders when worn on one shoulder. A lot of my friends/family have sold theirs due to this reason. I LOVE the Sangle. The cloth strap is so comfy to wear. I prefer the larger size though.

As for the Classic Box, I recommend getting the old logo ones on the resale market!

10. I have the small sangle and very happy with the purchase!
    its casual and rests comfortably on the shoulder!
    but I would love to have the frame bag too. :P

11. I vote for Frame.

12. [QUOTE="Sophia, post: As for the Classic Box, I recommend getting the old logo ones on the resale market![/QUOTE]

Can you please tell me why? Is the quality inferiour in the new ones? I just saw an anthracite box that I’m saving up for, but if the old logo ones are better, I’ll try to find an old one.

13. Can you please tell me why? Is the quality inferiour in the new ones? I just saw an anthracite box that I’m saving up for, but if the old logo ones are better, I’ll try to find an old one.[/QUOTE]

1) To save some money - as Celine is not great on the resale market
    2) Quality - with the new logo change, they made changes to the leather and hardware used. Old logo Classic Box bags had thicker leather and heavier hardware.

14. Thank you for your time and knowledge Sophia.

15. 1) To save some money - as Celine is not great on the resale market
    2) Quality - with the new logo change, they made changes to the leather and hardware used. Old logo Classic Box bags had thicker leather and heavier hardware.[/QUOTE]

Hello Sophia, thanks for sharing! Would you know if the change in leather and hardware to the classic box took place more recently? I bought an anthracite piece with the new logo end of last year (probably the first batch of the new logo launch) and couldn’t tell any difference between that and my other Phoebe classic, save for the logo. And I haven’t been checking out the new pieces in the boutiques now. Just curious if i got a less-than-ideal deal then...