Sang Day - is this a flaw in the leather?

ditab

Mulberryaholic
O.G.
Dec 13, 2006
So, I've just purchased my first ever Balenciaga from the website :yahoo: It's a Sang Day and it's absolutely beautiful :heart: Truly much, much lovelier than I was hoping for - the colour is perfect and the leather is TDF :tup:

However, there's a small mark on the tab on the front (don't know the proper name for this :shame:smile:. It's a small white circle, with a raised black mark in the middle. I figured, no problem, they'll exchange it for another one. However, apparently that was the last Sang Day they have, no more in the UK. I've sent pics off to Customer Services and they'll get back to me regarding a repair but I just have a couple of questions for the experts :biggrin:

1. Is this a significant flaw? Would you be happy to accept a mark like this on a new handbag? Am I just being too picky? :Push:
SangDayPicSML.jpg

SangDayPic2SML.jpg

2. Are they going to be able to 'repair' it? I was thinking that maybe they could just remove the rivets and replace the whole panel - do they normally do this kind of thing?

If they say they can't repair it, I don't know what to do. Should I ask them to source me one from overseas? Is that reasonable? Or is it the kind of thing I should live with and maybe it'll blend in over time? Returning for a refund isn't an option - I am in love with this bag, the colour is perfection :cloud9:

Thanks in advance for any help :smile:

Well, if it bothers you, then return it. It appears like a scratch. I might be able to to live with it, but since it bothers you, then you should return it. For a bag that costs this much, you shouldn't have to settle.

It looks like a nick in the leather. I doubt they would be able to repair it, only replace it or give you a discount. You may be able to rub some leather conditioner over it to make it less noticiable. HTH!

Thanks, ladies.

Saira, yes, it's definitely a nick, rather than a scratch. If it was on the main part of the bag, I'm sure it wouldn't bother me as it would blend in - it's just because it's on the tab, it's more obvious.

I'll wait to hear back from them, I guess. I'd like them to replace it, of course - I don't want to wait on a brand new bag being 'repaired'. But if they haven't got any? I guess conditioner would be worth a try :thinking:

I'm so impatient - I really want to use it immediately :lol:

I had something like that on the handle of my Sang GSH City. I didn't realise it until much later so I couldn't be sure whether I got it like that or I put the mark there myself. I just consoled myself that with my clumsiness, it would have happened anyway. LOL. But that's just cos I couldn't go back with the bag given that time has passed. You should definitely return it if it sticks out too much at you

This is a bit surprising because the Sang is still showing in stock at Balenciaga.co.uk.
I have had it in my basket on and off all day, but even in my basket it shows in stock.

what a gorgeous colour - I love sang...
I don't think the mark would bother you after a while but it's not really nice to have it on a brand new bag. I don't think conditioner would bring back the colour tho but it might make it blend in?
Tough choice - if they can 'repair' it then great but only you can make the decision!
It is so beautiful! congratulations!

ladycornflake, I know, it's weird isn't it? I mentioned that to the lady I was speaking to but she said it was wrong, there's no stock left. Part of me just wants to order one to see if they *do* have any :thinking: Once I get a despatch note, I can arrange to return my current one ;) But then why would she say there was no stock if there is? :shrugs:

MOD, well yes, I'm sure I'm going to put loads of marks on it myself :biggrin: but that would be more scratches, watermarks etc. Things that would blend in. As this is a raised mark, I'm not sure how well it *will* blend in.

MG, it's a gorgeous colour, a true 'blood red' - it's been named really well :tup:

Oh, they sent the wrong bracelet as well :rolleyes: so I need to return that anyway - I ordered the classic hardware and they sent the (more expensive :nuts:) giant hardware.

Honestly honestly? I would say that if you like the colour and overall leather of the bag, then keep it. Bal leather feels great but it scratches so easily that if you're going to use this bag often, this nick will just blend in a month later. That's why I replaced my Bal money with a Hermes Kelly: the scratches were driving me insane because it seemed like every time I reached into my bag, I would add another scratch to it (and the nicks usually are raised). The leather (I can't remember the name but it wasn't chevre) on the Kelly is almost indestructible.

I love Sang, I have a twiggy and is one of my favorite color, but if the nick bothers you perhaps you should return it and try to find another one.

It *does* bother me :yes: but I'd rather have the bag with the nick than no bag at all as I've been waiting so long for a bag this exact colour. If I can't find another one, I'll keep this one. But I think I will definitely try to find another one first :tup:

Toriaton, I am getting used to the idea of the distressed leather and really love the distressing on the rest of the bag. I know I'll be getting scratches & stuff on it - I think it's just *where* the flaw is that's bothering me :thinking: And the fact that it's already there, rather than something I've done! But yes, the rest of the bag is perfect imo.

Ooooh, decisions, decisions :Push: :lol: