Sandstone & Galet comparison pics

clarimond

Oct 1, 2006
I once thought Galet is close to Sandstone, but after putting them next to each other.. there is a huge difference.

Here are some comparison and individual shots for those who wonder how close these two color are-

DSC09349.jpg

DSC09354.jpg

DSC09350.jpg

DSC09353.jpg

I think Sandstone looks much more like Noix than Galet.
I wonder if anyone can do a Sandstone/Noix comp. :thinking: :drool:

PS: I love how your Galet has so much depth. The distressing is TDF!!!

thanks for the comparison:smile:...sandstone has lovely pink undertones, galet is definitely more grey...and noix is not like sandstone :it is very browny IRL AND MUCH MORE DARKER

^^ Yeah agree, don't think Noix looks like Sandstone either. Probably only when it is washed out by flash. Thanks for your comparison pictures! Sandstone is beautiful!!! :graucho:

Gosh thanks for the comparison, very interesting. If only someone out there could please give a comparison of sandstone and noix side to side just like this it would be ideal!!

I pulled a few of my brown bags to photograph with my Noix work in case it helps any of you guys to figure out the tone of Noix. As you can see, it isn't really like Galet or Truffle or Mastic. I wish I had a Taupe bag so that I could compare. These photos are in a dim room and they are taken with my phone, so not the best, but I hope they help. Clockwsie from top is 2006 f/w truffle, 2007 Mastic, 2009 Galet, 2009 Noix. All are lighter IRL

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 158