Sandition on Masterpiece Theatre

Bumping this thread…
Ive finished season 2. As much as I missed Sidney, have to say the dynamic between Charlotte and Mr Colbourne is satisfactory;)
Dont know how I feel about there being only 6 episodes. Thankfully season 3 is in the making.

I am full of wonder at the thought of a woman who has just given birth to a child out of wedlock, showing up at a ball or even showing up in society. Even though she is engaged to that POS, in that day an age, she would not have been at a ball for fear of being cut dead. It doesn't matter that she is with Lady Denham, this is just too much of a stretch of reality.

The actor who played Lord Babington is otherwise occupied with other work, so he isn't showing up. They could have recast the role since it has been two years since the first season was filmed. I fear for poor Esther. How are they going to resolve this? You would think that Babington would show up to find out what is going on with his wife. There is no way that Esther can be committed to a hospital without his permission. Who would have guessed that Esther possessed such a strong maternal gene?

Reactions: jennlt