San Fransisco restaurant and sightseeing

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm going to San Fransisco for work next week! I've never been before, and I'm really excited about trying west coast sushi for the first time! Can anyone recommend a great sushi place? My hotel is near Union Square. Also, what are some things that I absolutely must see while there, besides the Golden Gate Bridge, Lombard Street, and the sea lions at Pier 39 of Fisherman's Wharf?

Thanks!

2. #3 Jul 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
    ^^^^agree with lorihmatthews, there are at least 7 or 8 threads with lots of information on San Francisco shopping, restaurants, sightseeing, etc. Do a search in this subforum to find them.

I LOVE SF and am also biased because I lived there.

One thing to note, the City of San Francisco is *cold* during the summer months due to the daily fog and winds blowing the fog in and out. It's in the 50s F during the nights and maybe gets to high 60s F during the days. Dress warmly and with layers. The beaches on the west end of the city are usually cold & foggy all day. The Golden Gate Bridge is usually clearer after about 11am or noon until the fog starts to roll back in around 3:30pm or 4pm.

Outside of the city (north into Marin County & wine country, east to the East Bay and south to the Peninsula and Silicon Valley), the temperatures are VERY different - much warmer by as much as 20 to 30 degrees F. So if you are traveling around the Bay Area, you will need different layers/clothing.

Two of my favorite sushi places in the city are Ebisu in the Inner Sunset at 9th and Irving. It is usually very crowded with a waiting line. They do not take reservations. The second one is Sushi Groove on Hyde Street in Russian Hill. It is small and crowded but the sushi is definitely worth the wait!

Have fun!

3. hey im from SF so i can recommend alot of places!

if you want like inexpensive, but still good, go to wolf gang puck in the Macy's Cellar. macys is right in union square so all you need to do is go to the basement level where all the food is. go during happy hour! (5-8?) most rolls are half off

Kitaros on geary between 21st and 22nd ave is good. try getting a 15% coupon

there are manymany other places, but i usually stick to these two places