San Francisco Report - Neimans & Barneys

melovepurse, those blue bags from neiman pictures were blue layette? I thought they were supposed to be powdery blues..not those bright blues...So, my question is how was blue in real eyes? I'm about to order one but I expected it to be more baby blue than the ones in the picture. Please tell me how was it...TIA!

icy 100 - to be honest, I am not sure what the name of that blue is, but to my eyes it was more "baby blue". I did not speak to an SA so I cannot be sure . Sorry!! Anyway, most of the SA's do not know the Balenciaga name for each color, you know?

But then there is Barney's who hangs their bags like they own them. Probably why I never buy from them. The handles are always stretched out!

My first thought exactly, upon seeing these pics! They do this at every Barneys that I've been to. I've even seen many a handle bent into this shape ^ and darkened from hanging on that pole, it's terrible.

Love the spy pics though!!

Okay ... so, now I'm thinking it's like the Fruit & Vegetable thing here in New England ... where we seem to get all the crappy stuff; all the good Fruits & Veggies are west of the Mississippi! :P I've missed out on so many colors (Bouton d'Or, Vert d'Eau, etc.) because the leather was HORRIBLE!!!

Sorry this is a bit off-topic but I wanted to respond:

CeeJay - I've been to the Chestnut Hill an Copley Barneys stores recently, and the Mandarin bags all have stiff/dry leather :yucky: ... so far, of the 2009 colors, Framboise seems to have the nicest leather.

I don't think it's a New England thing, either. Over the spring and summer I saw/fondled many Bouton D'or bags in stores all over NYC, and they were all super stiff. This was a common complaint among PFers. It's unfortunate, b/c it was a great color... Bal really dropped the ball on that one!

As for Vert D'eau (S/S 2007) - those bags seemed to have great leather across the board... This was still back in the days of Chevre, and most colors from that season had good leather.

^^ I know! I literally have to slow down my breathing when i walk into a Bstore/display rooms that have a whole bunch Bbags in one place. My eyes dart everywhere, all the colors look scrumptious. I have to try really hard to focus. It's terrible :drool:

Love Spies!

melovepurse, those blue bags from neiman pictures were blue layette? I thought they were supposed to be powdery blues..not those bright blues...So, my question is how was blue in real eyes? I'm about to order one but I expected it to be more baby blue than the ones in the picture. Please tell me how was it...TIA!

oops sorry so its blue layette ... whats the general consensus on the leather quality in this new colour? ...

I would really like to have a blue layette bag but my bad experience with the skyblue turned me off to light blues and pastels for that matter. Hope Bal has improved on its vegetable dying process and clear coating. An expensive bbag should not be turning yellow/green on you ! Just my opinion. Waiting for the Officier color (hope it is as dark blue as some people say). If it fades at least it will be in the blue family of colors !

I would really like to have a blue layette bag but my bad experience with the skyblue turned me off to light blues and pastels for that matter. Hope Bal has improved on its vegetable dying process and clear coating. An expensive bbag should not be turning yellow/green on you ! Just my opinion. Waiting for the Officier color (hope it is as dark blue as some people say). If it fades at least it will be in the blue family of colors !

yes swan lake this has put me off getting a light blue bal bag too, even though that would be my first colour preference. sky blue and turquoise etc. all tend to turn yellow from what i have seen. think its probably to do with sun exposure and i now live in hot, hot western australia, so no good for me. i have seem some swatches of tempete on here and that looks like more of a grey blue, which has me thinking it might not go yellow.... ?