San Francisco Hermes Store

you know interesting thing is SF does have stuff...they just hide it in the back for their VIP's. I was there yesterday and saw with my own eyes an SA taking out 2 (TWO) Birkins for a lady to choose from. a 30cm orange birkin and a 35cm green birkin. didnt get a close look at the hardware/leather. The lady passed on the 30cm but bought the 35cm one (she was actually able to pick & choose on a birkin...amazing...hahaha). I then politely asked if I could take a look at the 30cm orange...they wouldnt even let me look at it ~_~ *evil galre*....So I guess SF does have stock..but just not for regular people like me...

you know interesting thing is SF does have stuff...they just hide it in the back for their VIP's. I was there yesterday and saw with my own eyes an SA taking out 2 (TWO) Birkins for a lady to choose from. a 30cm orange birkin and a 35cm green birkin. didnt get a close look at the hardware/leather. The lady passed on the 30cm but bought the 35cm one (she was actually able to pick & choose on a birkin...amazing...hahaha). I then politely asked if I could take a look at the 30cm orange...they wouldnt even let me look at it ~_~ *evil galre*....So I guess SF does have stock..but just not for regular people like me...

evil glare? i hate that:cursing: is your money diff from the other woman's money?

they can politely say that the bag is reserve for someone else...even so, they could at least let you check it out or have a feel or ask you to put your name or a list if one comes available.

have you bought anything from the store? or you appeared like just a walk-in looking for a birkin outright? the forum have lots of info in getting your birkin :smile:

That's very odd. I know it's been said about H in SF that they're very difficult to deal with and they tend to 'withold' but my experience with them wasn't quite like that. Last year they charged/sent a birkin to me, and I've corresponded with them a few times since, but I have yet to walk into the store.

The SF store is the closest one to me, but I have NEVER purchased anything from them. I come in there whenever I'm shopping in the city. Both my BF and I are always wearing at least 1 thing on us that is H. When we walk into the store, I'm lucky if an SA even says Hi. They normally just make eye contact and nod at us.

We save our H purchases for other stores, where they appreciate our patronage. I have to fly to get to the two stores with my normal (wonderful) SAs, so I buy when I'm visiting or have them send the items to me. I'd rather pay for shipping and buy from my SAs, than buy in person at SF. The SF store doesn't have anything that we can't get elsewhere.

Oooh that happened to me too...asked to just see a Birkin someone else declined just to try it on for size (cause it was the 1st time I ever saw one in person) and they said no. :rolleyes: (my SA wasn't there but it's not like I'm a stranger to the others...I used to be there buying stuff almost every weekend. LOL)

^ that just baffles me....they actually said NO!?!? i mean, with it sitting right there, and clearly available for purchase, as it had just been declined?

that would irritate me SO much. glad it hasn't happened to me...i fear it would turn me off H entirely.

Well, then I think it just must be me. And I don't consider myself difficult to get along with nor do I think I'm too demanding. I personally think the store needs to have some stock on the shelves (and I'm talking about everything and not just bags) and more informed SA's withOUT personalities that require that I take a crowbar to force some civility out of them.

What I DO demand is a smile and some assitance with a pleasant attitude. That's just about it.

Case in point. Went in the other day. Found a wallet I considered buying and asked for it to be held for a few hours...no problem. Called the SA that same day and left a voice message asking that he call me back (gave my cell # twice) with the actual name of the leather (he didn't know exactly what it was at the time and I want a leather with durability) and haven't heard back from him yet. This was two days ago.

Another case in point.......how about calling to discuss a bag on hold for me with my SA only to have her hang up without even a goodby after I nicely pass on it. This was NOT a Birkin or a Kelly and it was held for me until I could get back to her....all of 1/2 day.

Or, buying a scarf and feeling like I'm asking for too much when wanting to see more than one. Like it's a huge effort to take one out and open it up. I even help to fold them back!!!!

Obviously, I'm still a little pissed off about the wallet. I wouldn't buy it now if he reduced the price and offered to drive it to my house......OR send Johnny Depp with it (sans shirt).

If anyone there were to ask me why I've lately decided to reduced the amount I spend there, I would be happy to tell them. But I really think, they don't care!!!!

You know this seems very common, so its not just you Shopmom. I have yet to be called back from that boutique when leaving a message even though I used to live there and popped in all the time. There was never anything on the shelf (nor offered to me) even though I did buy several things. A non-Kelly/non-Birkin bag from the floor and a wallet and some scarves.

SCP used to be this way but something happened late last year and now they are more diligent about offering things and calling one back. And just smiling when you go in. COME ON HOW HARD IS IT TO SMILE?

I think they are fools to treat you this way, in light of your obvious love for the brand and willingness to buy.

I too wouldn't buy that wallet now after this.

Maybe it's particular SAs. I've dealt with three and all have called me back straight away (at least same day) for items I've called them about. One even called me to secure an item (in small accessories) for a friend overseas who'd been on the hunt for it. Maybe it depends on who it is? The time of day? What they've had for breakfast? :shrugs:

how can they refuse to show you a bag they showed someone else????? that stinks. it's not like suddenly it's on a wait list and someone snapped it up instantaneously?? it makes me sooo glad my local boutique is SO much nicer! sorry for the SF folks though...

Funny enough, I just got home to a message from my SA in another city who has the exact wallet as SF, gave me all the info I needed, will ship to me so guess what? That baby is coming home to MOMMA as we speak! I'm thrilled!!!!!

GINA sigh.....You have the magic touch!!!!

Actually, I'm beginning to think that all employees of this store have to go through a class called "how to sell without cracking a smile, no information and no customer service skills". Followed by (and only if they pass the first course) "how to look busy while doing nothing and how to say No You Can't See Anything in five different languages".

To give credit where its due......the security guard always says hello to me by my name in the nicest possible way!!! I adore him!!!!

LOL, D! I don't know what's up with that store. I'll bet if I did show up in person they'd lock me out! :P

At least their muscle man likes you - that's a plus. It's always to your benefit to be on the bouncer's good side. ;)

Shopmom, I say you move and come live near me and my much more accomodating SAs.....We would love you here is our neck of the woods. These stories make me sick to my stomach -- YUCK!! Give us a hollar anytime SM, :heart:!!!