Tech Samsung Galaxy Tab....LOVE

Longchamp

O.G.
Aug 17, 2006
Just got her yesterday and in love. Played w/ her for an hour or so, had the I pad but returned it (minus restocking fee :sad:) for the Samsung and so glad I did. Much more versatile, more functions and easier to use IMO.

Any others out there w/ the Samsung Tablet?

Yes! I have the Galaxy too! I'm so surprised this is the only thread on tpf that is even talking about it. I absolutely love it!!! I have the iPad too and the two don't even compare. You're right - the Galaxy has more functions. Plus, I can take it anywhere. I feel land locked by the iPad because of its size and because it feels so frail and wafer thin. My Galaxy can go anywhere and it fits in all of my purses. Since Froyo can run flash, I can also see ALL of my favorite sites, unlike the iPad. It really is a great buy. I've already used it as a "video phone" and I didn't need to be on wifi (Just like some of the android phones could do before the iPhone 4 even came out LOL). I'm not mad at Apple though. I like the iPad. I LOVE the Galaxy.

Last edited:
Wow you have both. I originally bought the I pad when it was offered by VZW, but lacking many features so I returned it.

In love w/ the Galaxy, but you said it best. :biggrin:

My mom just got the Galaxy Tab and I love playing around with it :nuts: the Android platform rocks IMO (I used to have a HTC Hero, but now am using an iPhone... I want my Hero back!). I like that the ebook reader is pre-loaded and incredibly easy to use and sync with my laptop. It's definitely a good buy for someone who wants portability and the funky functions of a tablet :smile:

This thread saddens me...

As mentioned in a different thread the wife made a surprise 40th for me and my friends bought me an iPad. As a means of finding out what my thoughts were on the iPad vs. Galaxy one friend called me making believe that it was for his daughter as a toy and I said iPad. (and I havent figured out what to do with it as I am a laptop all the way feller...)

Now this...

:crybaby:

Ah Sorry, Would it be rude to return it and get the Galaxy???

Happy 40th Birthday!! That was a very nice gift.

They wouldn't care and in truth I am not saddened by it. I would never have gotten either at this point in my life (tuitions for the kids, general living expenses etc.) And as you mention it is a nice gift.

Thanks for the b-day wishes!

Trouble in paradise! The darn thing reboots on its own for no reason. The web browser was locking up, and if I played music (not streaming, just normal mp3s) and tried to do anything else, like browse the web or read my email, the music would skip as if the processor couldn't keep up. Back to the store it goes.

I was so excited. Finally, a tablet with a kick*** operating system! I was in heaven for a few days. Maybe the Motorola version will work better for me. (sigh) Now, I wait.

Trouble in paradise! The darn thing reboots on its own for no reason. The web browser was locking up, and if I played music (not streaming, just normal mp3s) and tried to do anything else, like browse the web or read my email, the music would skip as if the processor couldn't keep up. Back to the store it goes.

I was so excited. Finally, a tablet with a kick*** operating system! I was in heaven for a few days. Maybe the Motorola version will work better for me. (sigh) Now, I wait.

Oww... So sorry to here that... I was playing w/ it today @ TMobile & kinda like the feeling on it in my hand. Just the right size,compact & fits in all my bags. It seems like Samsung has more functionality than IPAD or maybe just wait for IPAD2. Then there's Blackberry that's coming out w/ its own version early next year.

I wish to hear more feedback about the Samsung Galaxy.

Hi! Just got the tab from at&t in dec without a contract(came back home and realised that its cheaper in my own country.. but that's another story. =( ).

I owned an Ipad previously but since the tab, I've given the Ipad to my younger brother. The tab is really better suited for my needs to watch my vids and surf the internet on the go because it plays "soft subs"(subtitles) files together with the video files seamlessly. The size is fantastic too! In fact, it goes everywhere I go because it fits so well in any bag...my only grouse is that there's no connecting VGA cable for the tab and I sort of need it to project the powerpoint presentations I stored in it. sigh... here's hoping Samsung comes up with more accessories for the tab! =D

My BF won't shut up about the SGT. I myself am indifferent about it, but he just. Won't. Shut. Up. About it.

I suppose the main difference it has with the iPad is the size. It's probably half the iPad--lighter and more comfortable to hold in your hands and won't look too clumsy when you hold it out in the open while you walk/stand. But this smaller size probably makes it harder to type on. I personally like the iPad better for typing.

As for the interface, it's open-source, meaning it allows for more customization than the iPad and would probably be great for you guys who's into personalizing the interface and look (not casing) of their gadgets, but if you like as-is applications and features, you'd probably like the iPad better. Or you can just buy the GT and not do anything to customize it--I'm sure it's possible.

Just my two-cents from what I heard from my crazy BF.