Samorga for Reissue 227

Iana24

Feb 26, 2018
I know many ladies here don’t use organizer/insert in their Reissue 227 and had reported the bags are fine after many years of use but I was too paranoid it will lose shape like so many preloved Reissue I saw on the market (which they might not be well taken care of) so I decided to order one and see how it goes.

I have to report again after some time but here’s what I can share of just trying it once (just received today).

I trust Samorga for the insert of many of my bags but I just have one for Chanel. I think Chanel flap is small enough that I don’t need another space taker but Reissue 227 is quite big that I am afraid it will lose shape after some time. The other reason I’m getting one is that I found that I often give pressure on the turnlock when closing the bag when not full and it creates light crease around the turnlock. The crease disappears when I finish closing but I’m afraid it will become more preminent with continuous usage.

2E063BE8-8738-47DD-A220-D3A8602D952C.jpeg

Comparison with and without insert.

1814F5AF-76D5-4674-B4E5-4F04DE6E7C39.jpeg 91B21CF6-7023-40FE-BE90-B7F8E5B4B1B3.jpeg

Doesn’t change much from the outside but it is more difficult to close because the sides are more rigid with the insert in. After a few trial it became easier though. I like that it is sturdier, flatter bottom and no more crease when closing even if the bag is just half full. Plus I don’t have to fill the bag with tissue paper or anything when not in use. So with the inconvenience, I like it better with the insert and hope that it will help the bag keep its shape longer. Finger crossed.

Hello! I really like square bag and I wanted my reissue to be more squarish. Does the insert helps? The bottom part is sturdy? I have a plan to get a base shaper for my reissue but after reading your review, I am thinking about this organiser. My only concern is that it is make of 2 layer of felt only which I feel is not as rigid sturdy as a plastic or hard board base shaper. Can I verify in this? Thank you! :smile:

Reactions: Iana24
I'm so glad you started this thread! I just ordered a Samorga for my 227 this week. I was hoping that it would help maintain the structure. I don't think I need one for my small flap as it's structured enough and I don't want to sacrifice any storage space. It looks like I made the right decision, as you seem pleased with yours. :smile:

Cute that the color is wine and looks great in your bag! I could barely tell. I recently ordered a Samorga for my urban spirit bag, but got ivory. Are you worried about color transfer on your slg?? Do you think that’s an issue with this material?

Reactions: diandubo and Iana24
I forgot to mention that it also help the top flap from being pointy. I love it because the last time I used this bag I was nervous it became a bit pointy because it’s rather empty and I kinda pressed it under my arm.
I mean it helps the flap from NOT being pointy
Hello! I really like square bag and I wanted my reissue to be more squarish. Does the insert helps? The bottom part is sturdy? I have a plan to get a base shaper for my reissue but after reading your review, I am thinking about this organiser. My only concern is that it is make of 2 layer of felt only which I feel is not as rigid sturdy as a plastic or hard board base shaper. Can I verify in this? Thank you! :smile:
I also like squarish bag so the insert is here. I think it helps but you know I just got it yesterday and my bag is just 3mo so it’s still very much structured. Over time, I am sure it will help keeping its shape. We’ll see

My concern is not only the bottom but also the sagging on the sides I saw in preloved Reissues. So I chose an insert not the base shaper only. I can share that my samorga doesn’t really make the bottom really flat like plastic/board base shaper. It’s naturally flat which I prefer. From new, my bag still can’t stand on its own. I am still training it to do so with stuffing it to make its bottom flatter but with this insert the problem is solved. You should consider which you prefer more. On another note, make sure you cover the plastic/board with fabric to protect the leather againts the plastic/board especially on the corners.

I think the double felt is enough for this purpose, it’s stiff but not as stiff that I can’t squeeze it (on the side when closing the bag. That’s why I said on my first post it was a bit difficult to close at first. It was due too stiff felt). I also emailed Samorga to ask about is it stiff enough prior to order and she convinced me it should be. I’ll see if I can share you some pictures of the bottom later.

Reactions: Nicholeq
I'm so glad you started this thread! I just ordered a Samorga for my 227 this week. I was hoping that it would help maintain the structure. I don't think I need one for my small flap as it's structured enough and I don't want to sacrifice any storage space. It looks like I made the right decision, as you seem pleased with yours. :smile:
Hi, please also do your review here when you get it (and even after short and long time of use). I’m sure it will be helpful for so many tpfr who’s thinking of getting one. I was having difficulty looking for reference when I consider having an insert for 227 and even asked some fellas here but none reply me having one in their bag. I also don’t use insert for my minis and 226. It took me some time to decide because I hate sacrifying a storage space too (it’s not like spacious hobo bag, right) But I’m happy with it.

Cute that the color is wine and looks great in your bag! I could barely tell. I recently ordered a Samorga for my urban spirit bag, but got ivory. Are you worried about color transfer on your slg?? Do you think that’s an issue with this material?
You mean you’re worried your color SLG will tranfer to ivory felt? Or a color felt will stain your SLG? I have a red samorga felt for my speedy for 1 year and no color transfer whatsoever. I previously used red velvet base shaper (hard plastic inside) and its color transfered to my ivory pouch so I change it with samorga also because some people reviewed it to be safe from color transfer. I also have samorga dune color (beige) and no color transfer so far.

Hi, please also do your review here when you get it (and even after short and long time of use). I’m sure it will be helpful for so many tpfr who’s thinking of getting one. I was having difficulty looking for reference when I consider having an insert for 227 and even asked some fellas here but none reply me having one in their bag. I also don’t use insert for my minis and 226. It took me some time to decide because I hate sacrifying a storage space too (it’s not like spacious hobo bag, right) But I’m happy with it.

You mean you’re worried your color SLG will tranfer to ivory felt? Or a color felt will stain your SLG? I have a red samorga felt for my speedy for 1 year and no color transfer whatsoever. I previously used red velvet base shaper (hard plastic inside) and its color transfered to my ivory pouch so I change it with samorga also because some people reviewed it to be safe from color transfer. I also have samorga dune color (beige) and no color transfer so far.

Ohh I was worried about dark colors from felt getting onto my SLG. Thanks for the info!

I mean it helps the flap from NOT being pointy

I also like squarish bag so the insert is here. I think it helps but you know I just got it yesterday and my bag is just 3mo so it’s still very much structured. Over time, I am sure it will help keeping its shape. We’ll see

My concern is not only the bottom but also the sagging on the sides I saw in preloved Reissues. So I chose an insert not the base shaper only. I can share that my samorga doesn’t really make the bottom really flat like plastic/board base shaper. It’s naturally flat which I prefer. From new, my bag still can’t stand on its own. I am still training it to do so with stuffing it to make its bottom flatter but with this insert the problem is solved. You should consider which you prefer more. On another note, make sure you cover the plastic/board with fabric to protect the leather againts the plastic/board especially on the corners.

I think the double felt is enough for this purpose, it’s stiff but not as stiff that I can’t squeeze it (on the side when closing the bag. That’s why I said on my first post it was a bit difficult to close at first. It was due too stiff felt). I also emailed Samorga to ask about is it stiff enough prior to order and she convinced me it should be. I’ll see if I can share you some pictures of the bottom later.

Thank you so much! I think I will get the insert and hope my dearest reissue stand on her beautiful two feet! ❤️