Same hardware/color/brand

Dannadrew

Sep 11, 2016
Hi there
Question for those that have purchased the same hw/color combo. Just got the classic ml in black gold caviar and looking at the reissue 226/227. The black gold is stunning but wondering about thoughts on same color combo. Should I get in silver? I know if and when I get the jumbo flap I will opt for black and silver but I def want a reissue. Also would u get the 226 or 227 if u have a jumbo? Thanks in advance!

I bought the reissue 225 in black with ruthenium hardware because I wanted variety, but quickly realized that this combo did nothing for me. I returned it and bought the 225 in black with ghw. I love love love this bag combo. Shortly after I bought a preloved navy 226 with rhw...which I also love. my advice is not to think practically about these combos...only buy what really makes your heart sing.

I would get the 226. It’s a good size and even though the reissue is lighter than the classic flap it is an all leather bag so it can feel heavy. 226 is also more versatile..you can wear it day to night where as 227 may look a bit large for evenings out. Personally, I prefer the 225 size for evenings and the 226 for daytime use. If I need to carry more than will fit in a 226, then I’ll use a tote bag.
hope this helps!

Reactions: Dannadrew
I bought the reissue 225 in black with ruthenium hardware because I wanted variety, but quickly realized that this combo did nothing for me. I returned it and bought the 225 in black with ghw. I love love love this bag combo. Shortly after I bought a preloved navy 226 with rhw...which I also love. my advice is not to think practically about these combos...only buy what really makes your heart sing.

I would get the 226. It’s a good size and even though the reissue is lighter than the classic flap it is an all leather bag so it can feel heavy. 226 is also more versatile..you can wear it day to night where as 227 may look a bit large for evenings out. Personally, I prefer the 225 size for evenings and the 226 for daytime use. If I need to carry more than will fit in a 226, then I’ll use a tote bag.
hope this helps!

this is sooooooo helpful! Thank u! I totally agree with u about the size thing. I really also love the gabrielle and honestly am so torn. I just bought a preloved Kelly, ml Chanel and am eyeing the 226 and Gabrielle it’s nuts and I can’t really swallow spending 15+ k in 1 month! But then I think if I did I would be good for ever haha !
i think I’m just worried about price increases but I assume that the last one was so insane this one won’t be as much.

best danna

happy to help and I understand wanting to get these chanel bags now rather than later...I’m in the same boat! I actually was considering the Gabrielle recently as well. I love how Meghan markle wears it and fashionably Amy raves about this style also. I went and checked it out and though I found it to be lovely, I quickly realized the style is just not for me. The chains are cumbersome and I like having the option to wear it crossbody. The SA showed me different ways to wear the bag, but I wasn’t happy with the way it looked an felt on my body unless I wore it on one shoulder. If you haven’t checked it out, try to get to a boutique or NM before this next increase. I also tried on a reissue mini and now want to add this size to my collection!

Another plus about the reissue in size 226 is that the size sells better on the resale market than the 227...should you decide to sell. The preloved prices are also increasing for these bags in the smaller sizes. In my opinion, Chanel is now making all these mini reissues instead of the classic minis in an effort to make this style more popular. It is the quintessential Chanel after all and it’s not going anywhere.

Reactions: Dannadrew
happy to help and I understand wanting to get these chanel bags now rather than later...I’m in the same boat! I actually was considering the Gabrielle recently as well. I love how Meghan markle wears it and fashionably Amy raves about this style also. I went and checked it out and though I found it to be lovely, I quickly realized the style is just not for me. The chains are cumbersome and I like having the option to wear it crossbody. The SA showed me different ways to wear the bag, but I wasn’t happy with the way it looked an felt on my body unless I wore it on one shoulder. If you haven’t checked it out, try to get to a boutique or NM before this next increase. I also tried on a reissue mini and now want to add this size to my collection!

Another plus about the reissue in size 226 is that the size sells better on the resale market than the 227...should you decide to sell. The preloved prices are also increasing for these bags in the smaller sizes. In my opinion, Chanel is now making all these mini reissues instead of the classic minis in an effort to make this style more popular. It is the quintessential Chanel after all and it’s not going anywhere.
Great advice! Yes what I’ve noticed is Chanel is still experiementing with the gabrielle. The new medium size is different than the older one. The reissue however is the same and is a classic. Plus it seems because of the materiel of the gab on the bottom- people are getting fed up and selling. Some even within months! I figure the 226 is holding its value almost like a classic flap but not quite there yet.