Same Colour in Different Seasons

ponypie

bal epoque
O.G.
Dec 1, 2006
hi p.s girls!

i am a bal lover thinking of taking the plunge into p.s :smile:

have my eye on military and/or tangerine...

but a question: are there differences when the same colour is released in a new season? i see military is being repeated for fall so i figure i should wait for that - since fall 2010 stock probably isn't available anymore

was just a bit concerned reading about other colours being different with each release, eg. the purples. any advice would be appreciated!

also, those who've seen military irl - is it a real brown/green? any similarities to bal 04 khaki?

thanks and sorry for the long post!

Hi there!

The new Military coming out soon will probably be the new and improved PS1. The tag is permanent on the bag hw because it could fall off earlier. The colors I've seen this year are also more "stable" and weather resistant. And I've seen both new and old PS1:s in Smoke color and they seems to be the same.

I would guess the new Military is very similar to the older because they use the same color name. Have you seen the F/W leather swatches?

hi elliespurse!

yes i've seen the swatch.. it can be quite hard to tell though :P especially as i haven't actually seen military irl hehe!

but what you say is certainly reassuring thanks - and i didn't know about the new & improved ps1 so that's definitely a great plus and making me look forward to it even more! back to the swatch, the new purple looks great too. i fear a new addiction oh dear

:biggrin: there has been some Bal ladies getting PS1:s recently and the comment usually is that they don't need to be so careful with the PS1, with the corners etc.

I also think the new purple looks great!

haha yes i've noticed bal gals picking up ps1's

someone said it seems quite a natural transition and i agree.. many similarities - best of all, the range of gorgeous colours! :love:

babying my bags is already sort of second-nature as i'm also horribly anal ha. but it WOULD be nice to be able to toss and chuck.. gently.. for a change!

thanks for enabling, ellie! :biggrin: