Same COlor, Different Trim?

chessmont

O.G.
Aug 22, 2006
Hi folks I haven't been here in ages, having sold all but one Bal (Sapphire Work, GGH). Do any of you have 2 bags of the same color, but, say, one with tassels and one with Giant HW? Or one with GGH and one with GSH? I am having a heck of a time deciding between 2 with different HW, same color bag. I just can't make up my mind! I wear gold and or silver jewelry, alone, or mixed together, if that makes a difference. Enable or disable (LOL) me, please ;)

I have 2 Antra cities - S/S'10 GSH & F/W'10 RGGH. There is a slight difference in the grey & due to the different hw, they give a different look to a same outfit.

Also, 2 Black Cities - RGGH & rhw. And again, different look - one with tassels & one without.

Lastly, I have a Blue Roi GSH PT & just ordered a Blue Roi GGH City, plus I may want to get a Dark Knight GSH city - again, I justify myself that they have different looks.

uh oh now I'm in trouble!

I am looking at the black Work with GGH and GSH. I didn't think I would care for the gold, but when it arrived, I LOVED it! I like the silver too.What to do LOL.

Since the Work I have has GGH, I thought maybe I should do GSH on the second one. Though due to being completely different colors, that probably isn't a good comparison...

Last edited:
I decided to keep both; the bag with GSH is SUCH a different 'black' than the other bag, it is almost a dark gray, so the bags are very different besides the HW. The lighter bag would not have looked good with GGH IMO. So it is almost like two completely different bags. I am amazed at how different even black can be from bag to bag...

Black GSH and GGH are two completely different bags imo. Would love to see pics of your beauties.
Btw, just to be cruel ... you are aware of the new RGGH hardware, right :graucho:

Black GSH and GGH are two completely different bags imo. Would love to see pics of your beauties.
Btw, just to be cruel ... you are aware of the new RGGH hardware, right :graucho:

Miserably cruel!!! Nah, not really - RGGH doesn't draw me that much

I don't really do pics - I cannot ever seem to get my pics sized right for this forum. Plus I take crappy pics. If I do give it a shot, I will put them here.

My only minor concern about the GSH bag, is, the leather especially on the back is kind thin-seeming compared to my other 2 bags - do I have to worry about durability? The front is similar but because there are other things on the front, it isn't one unbroken smooth feel of leather, so doesn't feel quite the same. .

Do all of you feel that Bal's quality control is good, and I shouldn't be concerned?