Samba leather small satchel

Aug 13, 2014
I just wanted to share my experience with my 2 recently purchased small satchels in the Samba leather from the Made in America Dooney collection. The Samba leather is thick, but very soft. Of course, Samba leather is pebbled, not smooth. Some ladies are concerned that the Samba bag will be too slouchy for their taste. I don't have this problem or concern, but I have noticed a difference between my grey and turquoise (label says sky blue, but it's not) Samba small satchels. The grey is much slouchier than the turquoise one. Since the leather on each one is different, it doesn't surprise me that they would behave differently. Also, since the bags are from the Made in America collection, the bottom has a rectangular piece of leather that supports the bag. The turquoise Samba satchel is like a loved Florentine small satchel... just as slouchy, but no more than that.

So, for those who were tempted, but decided to pass on these handbags after seeing some of the you tube videos, don't reject these handbags outright. If you happen across them in person, look at each one and decide if it's structured enough for your needs. Some might be, others won't be.

Hi,
I just stumble onto this thread, but I just bought samba mini satchels from ILD in navy and desert, the leather is the best. It is so soft and supple to touch, feels luxurious and the bag is so gorgeous, I am tempted to add more colors.

Hi,
I just stumble onto this thread, but I just bought samba mini satchels from ILD in navy and desert, the leather is the best. It is so soft and supple to touch, feels luxurious and the bag is so gorgeous, I am tempted to add more colors.
Enjoy your new Sambas. I love this leather and have 2 of the small Samba satchel. I can understand your wanting to add more to your collection. Check our You Tube videos by Mama Beach... she is a collector.

Oh yes I have seen her videos, at first I thought she was crazy for collecting all the colors, but once I saw the mini Satchel in Calf at my local Marshalls and realized that is was not as small as I thought and is just so adorable, I broke down and ordered 2. Now I am so in love with the leather.

Reactions: Chanticleer
Oh yes I have seen her videos, at first I thought she was crazy for collecting all the colors, but once I saw the mini Satchel in Calf at my local Marshalls and realized that is was not as small as I thought and is just so adorable, I broke down and ordered 2. Now I am so in love with the leather.
The term mini can mean different things in different Dooney styles. The mini Florentine satchel is a good medium size also. A lot depend upon the depth of the base of the bag. Both the mini Samba and the mini Flo have wide bases, so you can get a lot into them. The small Lexington, which appears much larger, has a narrow base and doesn't hold any more than the mini Flo.