Salvatore Ferragamo wallets...do you have one? Do you love it?

digby723

Back to reality
May 2, 2006
I was at Bloomingdales earlier to pick up a MJ bag that I pre-sold and I saw a wallet by Salvatore Ferragamo that I thought was adorable but put back down. Now I kind of wish I'd purchased it! What do you think of these wallets? Are they durable? The wallet was 250, and I believe it was from the Icon collection. I have a link for another one in the same line that was there, but, the one I saw was not this exact one. It opened differently. Any comments on this brand would be appreciated, I've seen it and heard of it, but, don't know anything about it! Thanks!!

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/c...0199cat000212cat13550744cat7800745cat15270920

Here's a look at what the inside *kind of* looks like. Again, this is not the exact wallet, it's very similar though!!
http://ferragamo.neimanmarcus.com/s...=cat000000cat101cat8201cat8203&index=1&tid=C9

One of my best friends has a ferragamo wallet in hot magenta, the leather looks great and she loves it to death. I think it's also from the same collection, but her wallet's smaller (i.e. not the long kind).

She has not mentioned any problems so far with it. This is a girl who had previous issues with chloe and prada wallets.

Thats great to hear janechin! I'm glad that she's found it to be of good quality!

I actually jumped on e-bay and found a couple (I guess they are older styles) that appeal to me more. Would anyone on here know enough to help me authenticate one of these? It would be greatly appreciated and you'd have my undying gratitude!! :flowers:

I have a Ferragamo wallet that I bought 3 years ago, and I still use it all the time. It's like the smaller version (French wallet type) that you are looking at. It's made of black saffiano leather and is super durable (looks almost like new, has a tiny bit of wear at the corners). I really like that it has enough CC slots and stash pockets to hold my cards. It's got a hinge icon closure for the change purse, and that's so much more convenient & easier to open than a zipper. I love my Ferragamo wallet, and it's definitely worth the price! HTH!

:smile: I have a Ferragamo wallet i've been using since forever!!!!!!!!!!!! So far i haven't found one to replace it yet.It's really durable.I think you've made a great decision.

I have that black wallet, least I think it's that one. Haven't used it much but it is gorgeous, the leather on it is very durable and doesn't scratch easily. I have another soft leather ferragamo wallet and it has quite a big scratch in the middle, very annoying, don't even know how I did it...
I would say go for it, Ferragamo is usually very classy and timeless. I have 2 Ferragamo bags which I love and time and again pick over my LVs, Prada, Gucci, Dior etc etc...

I bought a ferragamo wallet about 5 years ago. its still going strong and truly worth the money. The wallet is still in good condition , just that i got abit bored with it and bought a LV french purse and loewe wallet last year.

I do have a Ferragamo French wallet and it didn't hold up very well. I take really good care of my stuff, but this wallet looked like I had snacked on it after about a year of daily use. Maybe I should send it back. They always have wonderful customer service.

^^^ interesting post! I've just been fixating on a ferragamo wallet, particularly one with the hinge icon closure, since I tend to stuff my wallets! I was wondering the exact same thing as the op in terms of quality!