Sally Hansen Salon effects

Are these the ones you peel off and stick on your nails and then file off the excess?

Hmm...I tried these last week and I must be the only person around who DIDN'T like them.

They applied ok...I filed off the excess, which actually left the tips of the nails slightly ragged, but that'd be my fault and something to learn how to do better in future.

I HATED the smell. GOD, it was SO STRONG! It smelt like actual nail polish, but I find with real nail polish the smell fades quickly, whereas this didn't.

I also found that within minutes, they had started to come off. They rippled and peeled off partially. It was a disgusterous sight! I was forced to remove them all at once, as the ability to wear the nails was totally lost.

Then I threw up violently for 2 hours from the residual smell left on my natural nails. The following day, 9 of my nails fell off suddenly.

I watched a YouTube video before apply the Sally Hanson ones. And it suggested warming your nails first with a hair dryer. I was able to get both hands done with only 5 of the stickers. I would buy them again!

Are these the ones you peel off and stick on your nails and then file off the excess?

Hmm...I tried these last week and I must be the only person around who DIDN'T like them.

They applied ok...I filed off the excess, which actually left the tips of the nails slightly ragged, but that'd be my fault and something to learn how to do better in future.

I HATED the smell. GOD, it was SO STRONG! It smelt like actual nail polish, but I find with real nail polish the smell fades quickly, whereas this didn't.

I also found that within minutes, they had started to come off. They rippled and peeled off partially. It was a disgusterous sight! I was forced to remove them all at once, as the ability to wear the nails was totally lost.

Then I threw up violently for 2 hours from the residual smell left on my natural nails. The following day, 9 of my nails fell off suddenly.

Oh my gosh, you must be very allergic to something in these. I wouldn't try them again if I were you.

I only use a few strips at a time, then I close up the package real tight when I'm done (tape it too so no air gets in). The next time I go to use the strips, they're dried out :sad: Any tips??

I bought the butterflies for my toes. They do smell right out of the box, and all told, I think it took about the same amount of time as using regular polish. They looked great...until I went into the pool. Several toes worth just floated right off, despite the careful application and a top coat of polish. On the other hand, it was difficult to remove from the other toes - lots of soaking and rubbing involved. I know other people who love them, and I do love the patterns, but I'd rather do my toes the old fashioned way.

I watched a YouTube video before apply the Sally Hanson ones. And it suggested warming your nails first with a hair dryer. I was able to get both hands done with only 5 of the stickers. I would buy them again!

I would agree with this. Normally I have to put a top coat on after I apply these strips. But the last time I used them I did not. I noticed while I was applying that they were sticking better so I did without the top coat and got a week's wear out of them. For me I think it was the strips that were warmer. The weather had been very hot that week and my bedroom (where I store them) had gotten pretty warm.