Sally Hansen Miracle Gel nail polish - Miracle or Marketing?

Kailuagal

island in the sea
Feb 7, 2013
Today, while shopping at Walgreens, I found a new display of polishes by Sally Hansen called Miracle Gel...a "UV nail polish without the lights" and is removed by regular nail polish remover. The display says 12 days of wear but I googled it and one nail blogger got 4 days of great wear with her hands being in water a lot.
Has anyone heard of this polish? Of course I had to buy a couple of the polishes and the top coat to check it out. Here is polish #550, Hunger Flames, a beautiful pinkish purple. I have to say I love the application. There is no base coat so I hope there is no staining. The top coat cures by UV light so they recommend you do your nails indoors and then expose your nails to outside light to help it cure faster. I did my nails indoors but didn't go outside and my nails dried just fine.
I will update on the wear. Is anyone else wearing this and/or have had experience with it? I'm really loving this color!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 4,316
I saw this display at Walgreens and loved the colors. I was intrigued, but not enough to cave and buy them.
I was thinking the same thing too ... is this just a marketing ploy? I can't believe that they will really last as long as they promise. Let us know how the wear test goes. I can always cave in the future. :P

I saw this display at Walgreens and loved the colors. I was intrigued, but not enough to cave and buy them.
I was thinking the same thing too ... is this just a marketing ploy? I can't believe that they will really last as long as they promise. Let us know how the wear test goes. I can always cave in the future. :P
I will keep you posted! :smile:

I tried it and at first I thought it was like Revlon's Gel Envy which is just a nail polish with a gel-like finish but with the Sally Hansen one it actually tells you to cure it under a UV light which I did and it still didn't last long. It was about 3 days before it chipped so I was disappointed. I still prefer regular old gel polish.

Kailuagal, that's gorgeous! I don't like the name "miracle gel" but it's a solid product. I have a couple of shades from the "mod collection" (dig fig, wine something) Wear & shine have been great (equal to Revlon gel envy for me & both superior to Vinylux for me). I get 3-4 perfect days & then change colors from polish ADD rather than wear/chips. I dehydrate/clean the nail plate before application / cap nails for regular polish just like for SOGs

The SH Miracle Gel wins for color selection, but I like the Revlon brush more. I am concerned about the amount/type of photoinitiators in the SH MG, as mentioned above a lamp might be needed if not polishing during the day. (I'm a night polisher, so this part would eventually be annoying for me...) looking forward to your results! :smile:

Kailuagal, that's gorgeous! I don't like the name "miracle gel" but it's a solid product. I have a couple of shades from the "mod collection" (dig fig, wine something) Wear & shine have been great (equal to Revlon gel envy for me & both superior to Vinylux for me). I get 3-4 perfect days & then change colors from polish ADD rather than wear/chips. I dehydrate/clean the nail plate before application / cap nails for regular polish just like for SOGs

The SH Miracle Gel wins for color selection, but I like the Revlon brush more. I am concerned about the amount/type of photoinitiators in the SH MG, as mentioned above a lamp might be needed if not polishing during the day. (I'm a night polisher, so this part would eventually be annoying for me...) looking forward to your results! :smile:
I pretty much have polish ADD as well :lol: but couldn't resist checking out a polish that could look good for at least three days, which is pretty much my max before I want another color. I'm so rough on my nails and I don't like wearing gloves when I clean....well, IF I clean. Lol

I'm totally loving this color (Hunger Flames)...AND...it's pretty much an exact dupe for Marc Jacobs Oui!

The wear so far is great. I did add a third coat last night only because two thin coats and a topcoat just didn't make my fingernails feel strong enough. Mine are pretty thin so I like polish that hardens them. The next few days will be telling. I'll show the wear as I go along.

Anyone else have swatches of their polishes? I also bought a Game of Chromes, a beautiful gold shimmer and Shock Wave, a candy pink color. 💅

Oh, also, I added the third coat plus topcoat last night and didn't have drying problems. I did put my fingers close to the bathroom pendant light for about a minute but otherwise they dried fine.

I tried it and at first I thought it was like Revlon's Gel Envy which is just a nail polish with a gel-like finish but with the Sally Hansen one it actually tells you to cure it under a UV light which I did and it still didn't last long. It was about 3 days before it chipped so I was disappointed. I still prefer regular old gel polish.
Yeah, I don't think it's even close to gel polish. But I'll be happy getting three good days with no wear! Thanks for letting us know!

Okay, here's my update. Sorry I don't have a mani picture to go with it. I took my mani off day before yesterday but only because I was too anxious to try another color. As Pewpew said, this is a solid product! I've NEVER had a mani last this long and look as good as this one did. I'm super impressed! I'm currently wearing the topcoat over another polish and I'm stoked that my nails are not showing any wear after two days. That never happens with me so I'm super excited about this.
I was skeptical, especially as I've never found a Sally Hansen topcoat that didn't bubble on me. I probably won't be able to give up my favorite topcoat....HK Girl...but, I will definitely be adding this topcoat on top of my future manis. I'm excited to try the other two colors I purchased.
Here are swatches...I also included Marc Jacobs Oui! to show how Hunger Flames is pretty much an exact dupe.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 3,257
I bought the Bare Dare and will apply it this afternoon or tomorrow sometime, so I will let you know my preliminary thoughts. I got the dual pack that included the top coat. Can't remember the exact price, but it was around 13 dollars for the two. If it lasts 5 days without chipping I will consider it a success.

That's a good price! Of course most things are marked up here in Hawaii. I think I paid 16-18 for the duo. I hope you have success. You don't need a base coat. I wore the purple and didn't get any staining.
Keep us posted!

I almost bought this today! I wanted the color Crème de la Crème, a light pink but thy didn't have it, now after seeing these reviews I'm going to another store and get it, thanks! I don't paint my fingers only the toes so I'm thinking this will really last

I almost bought this today! I wanted the color Crème de la Crème, a light pink but thy didn't have it, now after seeing these reviews I'm going to another store and get it, thanks! I don't paint my fingers only the toes so I'm thinking this will really last
Keep us posted on what you think! Thanks!