sales tax-what state is the lowest?

if you could have a bag transferred to a state so as to pay a lower sales tax which states have the lowest sales tax or no sales tax?

Washington state, baby! As of yet, we have no boutique.....= no sales tax. I just took delivery for a CA friend of a croc (savings over 1K approx), so I know WA state rocks in many ways!

We are scheduled to have our first Hermes boutique when the luxury mall opens in 2009, however...so that lil tax perk will be ending then.

For you northeast tpfr's, Connecticut does not have an official H boutique, so ZERO tax there. There is a "counter" or something in Greenwich which apparently does not alter the tax situation. I cannot take credit for this info, as it came from a lovely tpfr here!! :heart:

For you northeast tpfr's, Connecticut does not have an official H boutique, so ZERO tax there. There is a "counter" or something in Greenwich which apparently does not alter the tax situation. I cannot take credit for this info, as it came from a lovely tpfr here!! :heart:

There are a couple of small Hermes franchise boutiques in Connecticut -- Richards in Greenwich and Mitchells in Westport. That's why there's no tax to have something sent to Connecticut from an Hermes boutique outside of Connecticut.

Arizona does not yet have an H boutique (2009 hopefully too) general sales tax yes, but not if it's shipped from out of state Hermes to here! :graucho:

Hey, does florida have sales tax?

Each county differs (i believe?), but as far as i know, it's still 7.000%. Pretty low if you ask me. New York is 8.250%, right?

if you could have a bag transferred to a state so as to pay a lower sales tax which states have the lowest sales tax or no sales tax?

I think the real trick is to find a state that has no boutique and that way, you will have no sales tax. There are quite a few. You just need to have somone living there to send it to who can then send it back to you. Anyone out there in Alaska or Wyoming?