Sales Tax in New Jersey??

ilysukixD

Jan 2, 2014
NYC
Does anyone knows what's the sales tax in NJ? Does the tax varies depending on the city? Because I live upstate NY and sales tax are 8% and NYC is 8.8875%. I'm planning to purchase a bag and wallet soon, so I looking where can I find the cheapest sales tax :biggrin:

maja123

Feb 24, 2012
does anyone knows what's the sales tax in nj? Does the tax varies depending on the city? Because i live upstate ny and sales tax are 8% and nyc is 8.8875%. I'm planning to purchase a bag and wallet soon, so i looking where can i find the cheapest sales tax :d
7%

jb12

Jun 7, 2014
It Seven Percent in New Jersey. Places that charge less than 7% don't sell LV

packa7x

Jun 6, 2014
Does anyone knows what's the sales tax in NJ? Does the tax varies depending on the city? Because I live upstate NY and sales tax are 8% and NYC is 8.8875%. I'm planning to purchase a bag and wallet soon, so I looking where can I find the cheapest sales tax :biggrin:

Deleware is right next to New Jersey and does not have any sales tax.

If you're looking at places to buy in New Jersey, the Jersey Gardens Mall would be a good spot. It's right in Elizabeth (accessible from NYC by train) and is in the UEZs at a rate of 3.5% sales tax. I'm not sure what stores sell LV bags (I'm on here just to authenticate a pair of shoes) but here are a list of stores in the mall:

http://www.jerseygardens.com/directory

It's about 30 minutes into NJ so it wouldn't be a horrible drive. Going all the way to Deleware is long haul.