Sales Tax at Short Hills, NJ

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm getting confusing answers from the Internet on whether there's sales tax in Short Hills, NJ. I want to go there and buy a Chanel bag, so sales tax will definitely make a difference.
    Thanks!

2. I live in New York so my knowledge of New Jersey's specifics with sales tax is kind of limited, but I believe that they do have tax over a certain price point (like $250 or so).

3. there is NO tax on clothing and shoes in NJ...u will pay tax on handbags though

4. what's the tax rate? i think certain parts of Jersey has that urban development break. does that include Short Hills?

5. The tax rate I believe is 7% on handbags...the only areas I know that have the tax break with a mall present is Elizabeth. The Jersey Gardens Outlet mall has the lower tax rate of 3%.

6. Haha that would be nice :biggrin:.... alas no....as harm0ni said its 7% on handbags at that mall. Short Hills is not in an urban redevelopment area.

7. Yes the sales tax is 7% but clothing and shoes are excluded.

8. The sales tax in NJ is 7%. Clothing and shoes are excluded from this, no matter the price. The urban enterprise zones offer 3.5% sales tax. Short hills area of NJ is not an urban enterprise zone.