Sales tax at Net-a-porter and Outnet?

OMG, I just order from Net-A- Porter too. It charged tax on my order. I am about to ask in this website. I thought I was the only one.
But why ??? They don't have the store in Texas .

I was disappointed to see that Net-a-porter and The Outnet have started charging sales tax for California shipments. Anyone know why, and if there are any similar go to sites that don't charge sales tax? Many thanks!
I ordered Net- a - porter before, I contacted net-a- Porter after placing an order.. they told me since 2017.. they will charge tax for all online order

Reactions: lovieluvslux
Thank you for contacting NET-A-PORTER.

This is a tax that e-commerce companies need to start charging as their US state-focused business grows. As YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP’s US business continues to expand, we are legally obliged to charge sales tax in all relevant states.

The final purchase price when shipping to Taxes has now changed to reflect your state sales tax.

If I can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Here is how they r

Reactions: nickmusou
^Same here! That's why most of the items I bought were from net-a-porter uk. If the price is less than 800USD, then you don't pay duties. If you try to checkout an item, you will see that they will even deduct sales tax because you live outside UK.
For example: I bought an Altuzzara sweater, In US the cost is 795 + tax, in UK the cost is 495 - tax = 404 GBP, convert to dollar = 500++USD, free shipping, you save 300++USD

I'm glad I ordered my Chloe bag before they start charging tax and shipping. Anyone else know an online shopping that doesn't have tax or shipping fee? If there's any? Thank you!