Sales - Not an eBay Seller's Best Friend

Minimouse

O.G.
May 20, 2007
All the current sales must surely hurt eBay sales right now. I don't know if anyone feels the same as me, but lately I have sensed a high expectation from some eBay sellers, asking for rather high prices for their Kooba sample or moving sale purchases, which are no longer good value when compared to the sales in retail outlets and on-line stores. On-line stores are also offering free shipping (and the usual product guarantee offered by retail stores). It can't be a good time for eBay sellers. Maybe their prices will come down, making their goods more competitive.

Any thoughts?

I think there was a thread over in the E-bay forum recently discussing this very topic. Some of the frequent e-bay sellers were chatting about whether the slow-down was seasonal in nature (i.e. its summer and people don't think so much about bags now since they're going on vacations and travelling and the kids are out of school.)

I also would think that all of these sales going on at places like Revolve, Nordstrom, NM, etc. would be hurting e-bay sales. I'd rather pay just a little bit more, or the same price, and purchase from a reputable retailer than take a chance on e-bay, even with a reputable seller.

With the great sales from good retailers right now, why buy on Ebay?

I mean, earlier today I could have bought a Jillian at Revolve for $220. And I did buy a Karla at NM for $153, free shipping.

Ebay for Koobas rather bore me unless they are vintage ones.

I am ready to see new styles anyway.

Now, really....those all are amazing prices from the websites...how could you resist???? I still want my Jillian, but I have to wait until the end of the year. I think there may be some great deals by that time.....perhaps on Off Fifth.......hoping.......

The truly stupendous sales are the week after Christmas, but what you get is the leftovers and the variety is not great. But if you find the bag you want, it can be quite a deal. I got a Botkier Bombay Satchel last year for dirt cheap and free shipping and I used a code. Hayden harnett had some spectacular prices at that time too called the Winter Sale.

Yeah......I'm still overdosing on my Jessie, but I will try to get a Jillian at the end of the year, and I have come to the conclusion that I would love any color that I could find....sand, bourbon or black. It's all good!!!