Sales Associates

Feb 1, 2006
641
1
51
Florida
iimakeboyscry said:
Really? I thought they did get commission... but I guess now I know they're not just being nice because they want more money! =P How much is the base salary for LV SAs?
its only about 10 an hour...no commission...and they are kind of on a quota base. It looks good for them if they make sales but its not dependent on their salary. Thats what SA told me. And the waist pouches they wear, are not the ones in the store that we can buy. they have a snap in the front that sets them apart from regular stock. I found that interesting. Some SA's act like its their own. but its made different for the sales staff. The ones sold do not have a snap.
 

amanda

I Bleed Georgia Red
Oct 18, 2005
11,341
15
35
New York City
www.purseblog.com
CrazyBagLady said:
its only about 10 an hour...no commission...and they are kind of on a quota base. It looks good for them if they make sales but its not dependent on their salary. Thats what SA told me. And the waist pouches they wear, are not the ones in the store that we can buy. they have a snap in the front that sets them apart from regular stock. I found that interesting. Some SA's act like its their own. but its made different for the sales staff. The ones sold do not have a snap.
a 'quota basis' is code for 'we're totally on commission and i make money if i sell you more expensive stuff, but i don't want to tell you that straight because then you might buy less from me and i might end up poor.'

i promise. retail is ugly.
 

elongreach

140 lbs lighter
O.G.
Feb 5, 2006
7,627
5
Maryland
The way the SA acts at some stores when I call to buy a bag makes me feel they aren't getting commission. Because for 1000 bucks I should hear the smile coming through the phone because they are so happy to help me.
 
Dec 2, 2005
3,949
9
How about Bloomingdale's? The Robinsons-May in my area is closing, and they are opening a Bloomingdale's in its place. I so want to get a job there!
Does anyone know when to apply for a job for a newly opened store? (Or does the store just transfer in SAs from another store)?
 

Dani

Member
Feb 3, 2006
897
8
35
Actually, in retail even if you're not on commission, your company should have sales goals that you're supposed to make. For instance, where I work we'll have a daily goal, and a certain goal for every couple of hours, it more or less reflects on the the managers when it is, or is not made- so, even when not on commission- SA's still need to make sales. :smile:
 

amanda

I Bleed Georgia Red
Oct 18, 2005
11,341
15
35
New York City
www.purseblog.com
Dani said:
Actually, in retail even if you're not on commission, your company should have sales goals that you're supposed to make. For instance, where I work we'll have a daily goal, and a certain goal for every couple of hours, it more or less reflects on the the managers when it is, or is not made- so, even when not on commission- SA's still need to make sales. :smile:
i've never worked commission and always had sales goals as well, they do need some framework to decide whether or not you're doing your job. but no one is ever punished or reprimanded for not making a sales goal - only if you miss them every day for like a month. and ours aren't for specific people, just the department and the store.
 

Dani

Member
Feb 3, 2006
897
8
35
amanda said:
i've never worked commission and always had sales goals as well, they do need some framework to decide whether or not you're doing your job. but no one is ever punished or reprimanded for not making a sales goal - only if you miss them every day for like a month. and ours aren't for specific people, just the department and the store.
It's pretty much just the managers who get in trouble ( or rewarded) for the sales goals. They do keep track of seperate associates, but it's not as strict. :smile:
 
Jan 23, 2006
15,877
19
New York New York
spiralsnowman said:
How about Bloomingdale's? The Robinsons-May in my area is closing, and they are opening a Bloomingdale's in its place. I so want to get a job there!
Does anyone know when to apply for a job for a newly opened store? (Or does the store just transfer in SAs from another store)?
You should be able to pick up an application form anytime, they dont necessarily take all the staff with them.

Good Luck !
 

amanda

I Bleed Georgia Red
Oct 18, 2005
11,341
15
35
New York City
www.purseblog.com
Dani said:
It's pretty much just the managers who get in trouble ( or rewarded) for the sales goals. They do keep track of seperate associates, but it's not as strict. :smile:
we each have a book we track our sales in but they don't have goals for us. theoretically, they check the book, but i haven't seen that happen in a while, lol. my workplace is quite laid back.