SALE -Soft Matte how has it worn, Lily,Tassel bags

Jul 30, 2012
Has any one had problems with the soft matte leather on the Tassel bags or Lily

I have ordered a Lily in the sale in Black Forest and it arrived really squashed and the leather is quite crushed looking

I have now received a replacement and it's even worse :nogood: It might be that some of it falls out in time. Is this a usual problem with the soft matte leather. I do't have any other bags in this finish

Also ordered tassel bag, the lack Forest is much the same but the heavy suede is absolutely awful. The suede has marked in several places, there is no way i would buy it.

My just arrived Lily in black spongy also has crinkled sides. Not much but it kind af bugs me. Thinking of returning it, but otherwise it's lovely.

Mine isn't too bad on the sides but a large crinkle down the front flap and the same underneath on the front of the bag

It looks like it's been stored very badly

Last year my Sales items arrived packed in separate bags inside the box. This year they are all heaped into one carrier. I don't think that's helping

I wonder if soft matte just crinkles easily? Hopefully someone will let us know that's had one for awhile

Not sure I want to keep them if it does

I've only received the black forest Tassel Bag and she's pretty well perfect, bar some faint indentations on the front where the (wrapped) tassel studs had dug in. She wasn't padded out at all in the bag and had rolled onto her front. I'll post some pics. I can imagine that the leather might mark easily, especially when trying to get in under the flap/push lock, but I'm very happy with her overall. I'm so sorry other ladies haven't had beautiful bags - Mulberry is, again, not taking care with their stock ... :graucho:

Soft matte is a soft leather and does crease fairly easily, it will soften up with use and the creases won't be so apparent. If you store soft matte bags well stuffed and upright, they should be fine.
The studs on this style aren't rounded as previous decorative studs and if they have caused indentations in the leather I would be surprised if they come out. :thinking:

Soft matte is a soft leather and does crease fairly easily, it will soften up with use and the creases won't be so apparent. If you store soft matte bags well stuffed and upright, they should be fine.
The studs on this style aren't rounded as previous decorative studs and if they have caused indentations in the leather I would be surprised if they come out. :thinking:

Hi Maja,

Creases may ease out of spongy, stuff it and shape it well.....

:tup:

My Black Forest Lily has quite a distinct wide/large crease down the front & that's on the best of the two! I have stuffed it since the first one arrived end of last week but can't see any improvement yet.

I ordered a replacement and asked them to ensure the second one was perfect.

I know they are 1/2 price but for this much money I still expect a perfect bag & am sure lots will be going back if they look like this.

The Black forest tassel bag is slightly creased but this style is well suited to a squashy look. I would be happy to keep but also ordered the Lizard/haircalf version. It's quite a bit more but so eye catching I think i would rather have one special bag than 2 bargains.

I don't expect to see a squashy looking Lily, aren't most Lilys more structured?.............Anyone got an older Black Forest Lily, has the leather given a lot?

My BF Bays arrived squashed in the box when it arrived and you could tell on the bag. Its also very soft but I actually quite like it now and it is so soft to touch. I am a bit paranoid about it getting too slouchy so stuff it full!

steph22 said:
My BF Bays arrived squashed in the box when it arrived and you could tell on the bag. Its also very soft but I actually quite like it now and it is so soft to touch. I am a bit paranoid about it getting too slouchy so stuff it full!

Are you happy with how it is holding up? Using mine for the first time tomorrow. I hope she is as hardy as my eggplant.

Are you happy with how it is holding up? Using mine for the first time tomorrow. I hope she is as hardy as my eggplant.

To be honest I haven't really used it that much because of the weather and not wanting to risk it. Seems to be holding up well apart from the sides which are very soft and this means it sags a little. I'm also noticing the top flap when you open at the top is getting more creased.

When in use you don't really notice as the weight is in the bottom and you hold from the top so it stretches it tall if you know what I mean!

Still struggling to get hold of a Black Forest Lily thats not totally crumpled

The two I purchased online are so disappointing. I phoned a Mulberry branch today and they have one that they say is absolutely perfect.

It means I have to order yet another, that's going to be three on my credit card when I am only keeping one. :tdown:

Mulberry should be checking these before they are posted

Still struggling to get hold of a Black Forest Lily thats not totally crumpled

The two I purchased online are so disappointing. I phoned a Mulberry branch today and they have one that they say is absolutely perfect.

It means I have to order yet another, that's going to be three on my credit card when I am only keeping one. :tdown:

Mulberry should be checking these before they are posted

I agree absolutely. It's really not good enough for a "luxury" brand. How the heck do they get in that state in the first place?

I agree absolutely. It's really not good enough for a "luxury" brand. How the heck do they get in that state in the first place?

The interesting thing is I am getting great customer support online. They are responding to my emails very quickly, refunding the postage immediately, offering to arrange for pick ups etc…………………………………..but this service has obviously not filtered through to whoever packs them!!!!!