Sale purchase bag received creased (Black Hetty Clipper)

Hi,

I received my sale purchase black Hetty Clipper today (Mail order from a HOF store on Saturday) and it's creased right across the front (also the back but not as bad) - I did post on the end of eye.spy87's Sale nightmare post but thought I'd best make my own instead of hijacking! :biggrin:

I'm so disappointed as I love the bag bar the crease, it's everything I was looking for and a great price, but as a perfectionist I think it's going to bug me too much! :cry:

Does anyone know if they're still in stock anywhere?

Picture attached below of the crease!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-01-04 at 18.41.17.png
    Screen Shot 2013-01-04 at 18.41.17.png
    291.8 KB · Views: 519
INeedaMulberry said:
Hi,

I received my sale purchase black Hetty Clipper today (Mail order from a HOF store on Saturday) and it's creased right across the front (also the back but not as bad) - I did post on the end of eye.spy87's Sale nightmare post but thought I'd best make my own instead of hijacking! :biggrin:

I'm so disappointed as I love the bag bar the crease, it's everything I was looking for and a great price, but as a perfectionist I think it's going to bug me too much! :cry:

Does anyone know if they're still in stock anywhere?

Picture attached below of the crease!

A lot of crease problems apparently with Mulberry bags! It doesn't really look like a crease that will fade :sad:

A lot of crease problems apparently with Mulberry bags! It doesn't really look like a crease that will fade :sad:

It certainly seems like it! I've seen your pictures, I really hope that the crease falls overnight with the stuffing in, the Taylor is a lovely looking bag!

Have you tried her on? If you did, did you find having the zip on the front rather than the top awkward at all?

I was considering a taylor, but the zip position put me off as although it looks fab, I thought it might be a bit annoying if it doesn't open very wide?

INeedaMulberry said:
It certainly seems like it! I've seen your pictures, I really hope that the crease falls overnight with the stuffing in, the Taylor is a lovely looking bag!

Have you tried her on? If you did, did you find having the zip on the front rather than the top awkward at all?

I was considering a taylor, but the zip position put me off as although it looks fab, I thought it might be a bit annoying if it doesn't open very wide?

She is beautiful on! The zip looks great but I think it needs some getting used to. Getting stuff in and out isnt as hard as looking inside the bag. I would have to use it more to know how I really feel about it but I don't think it will bother me.

She is beautiful on! The zip looks great but I think it needs some getting used to. Getting stuff in and out isnt as hard as looking inside the bag. I would have to use it more to know how I really feel about it but I don't think it will bother me.

That's great, thanks for the info and glad you like her! :smile:

From your pics of the crease I wonder if it might be from that side slouching a bit, so hopefully it will drop out if that's the case, maybe she got a bit shaken around in transit? If you know what I mean so she ended up on one side of the bag/box and squished a little, was she well padded when she arrived?

I might have to take a trip to a store in the next few days to see if they have any Taylors in stock if I have no luck getting a replacement Hetty! :graucho:

INeedaMulberry said:
That's great, thanks for the info and glad you like her! :smile:

From your pics of the crease I wonder if it might be from that side slouching a bit, so hopefully it will drop out if that's the case, maybe she got a bit shaken around in transit? If you know what I mean so she ended up on one side of the bag/box and squished a little, was she well padded when she arrived?

I might have to take a trip to a store in the next few days to see if they have any Taylors in stock if I have no luck getting a replacement Hetty! :graucho:

I think she could have been better stuffed so maybe that was the problem. Hopefully she will look better tomorrow.

I hope you can get a replacement for your Hetty. I went to Lille (france) yesterday and a Hetty clipper irl for the first time and I have to say the pictures on mulberry.com don't do it justice. I almost didn't recognise the bag! Its a beautiful bag! And of course the taylor would be a good second but i can imagine it being a little less practical than a Hetty :smile: I hope you find a solution :smile:

I think she could have been better stuffed so maybe that was the problem. Hopefully she will look better tomorrow.

I hope you can get a replacement for your Hetty. I went to Lille (france) yesterday and a Hetty clipper irl for the first time and I have to say the pictures on mulberry.com don't do it justice. I almost didn't recognise the bag! Its a beautiful bag! And of course the taylor would be a good second but i can imagine it being a little less practical than a Hetty :smile: I hope you find a solution :smile:

Thank you!

My best option would be a replacement Hetty as I love the bag, perfect style for what I wanted, I was so sad as soon as I saw the crease, which was almost immediately as I took her out of the dustbag, it went from total excitement can't wait to see her to nooooooo she's not perfect! Just gutted!

Hope you have better luck with your Taylor in the morning, let us know how it goes!

INeedaMulberry said:
Thank you!

My best option would be a replacement Hetty as I love the bag, perfect style for what I wanted, I was so sad as soon as I saw the crease, which was almost immediately as I took her out of the dustbag, it went from total excitement can't wait to see her to nooooooo she's not perfect! Just gutted!

Hope you have better luck with your Taylor in the morning, let us know how it goes!

I know the feeling :sad: i hope it works out for us both!

That's such a shame to receive it like that. The crease is strange as it is a perfect line, wonder what they have done with it.

That's what I was thinking, it's also got 2 dents at either end that are deeper than the crease, and also a crease (not quite as bad) on the other side that looks like an outwards crease rather than an inwards one, if you know what I mean, like they could be part of the same crease and it folded with the front inwards so it's deeper and worse on the front?

HOF assured me that it arrived at them stuffed and that they checked it over before they sent it, it hadn't even been on the shop floor as they only got them in the day I rang and hadn't put them out, so I'm not sure when it can have happened as I also received it stuffed, although it was just in it's dustbag in a ridiculously big box (could have fit 3 or 4 in there!!) with no padding around the bag, so it could have happened then, but not sure why the creases on both sides of the bag?

Really not sure what's happened, I just hope I can get another one from somewhere!

Edited to add: It wouldn't be so bad if it was a natural looking crease, but it's just so obvious, I unstuffed it just to see if slouching made it less obvious but it was still really noticeable. I wasn't sure if it was the type of crease that would drop out with a little body warmth or something, but I'm not convinced it will.