Sale lady was mean to me or is it me. :[

I'm with everyone else. If the SA asked you in a patronising tone then I can understand your reservations. However, if it was just small talk then it was you who felt intimidated and embarrassed carrying an A & F bag.

I hope you don't feel anyone is picking on you---- no one is!

:smile:

Nuh..you are overreacting..you won't be this mad if she asked if there's Hermes store around.

That's no snotty at all..I've heard worse..don't worry..go to the store buy a bag..
At this point if the SA give me attitude..I give bad attitude back..they are not that intimidating..

It's not a big deal. She probably just didn't know if there was one around or not and thought maybe you might say where it came from. I agree with PinkSuade and think she was making small talk since the store wasn't busy.

i guess people who report terrible first experiences inside a Vuitton boutique are just needlessly intimidated. maybe you're just embarassed to be carrying an A&F bag inside LV and just projected this insecurity towards the salesperson :s

However there are others on this board who have reported terrible experiences that were obviously not overreacting.

My terrible experience luckily has not stopped me from spending on vuitton. I got followed by a vuitton security guard within two feet of my person the whole time I was in the store with 20 other customers. This only happenned to me and I am very suspicious it was because of my skin color. I finally gave up and left because I decided it probably wouldn't look good to be kicked out of the store by screaming "I'm not going to *language my own censore* steal anything"

I don't think A&F clothes are that expensive but who cares anyways, you buy what you want to wear, money spends everywhere, but maybe you were just a little sensitive about the fact that you were carrying that brand in a Louis Vuitton boutique???

However there are others on this board who have reported terrible experiences that were obviously not overreacting.

My terrible experience luckily has not stopped me from spending on vuitton. I got followed by a vuitton security guard within two feet of my person the whole time I was in the store with 20 other customers. This only happenned to me and I am very suspicious it was because of my skin color. I finally gave up and left because I decided it probably wouldn't look good to be kicked out of the store by screaming "I'm not going to *language my own censore* steal anything"

yeah, but if you're really not doing anything wrong, why stress or worry? i'd call that over reacting too :yes:

yeah, but if you're really not doing anything wrong, why stress or worry? i'd call that over reacting too :yes:

Because I refuse to shop at a place that is treating me rudely and treats me extremely different from other customers. I think it is normal for security personel to be concerned, but it is extremely rude to follow me around the store for the next several minutes especially when I am one of many customers in the store. If it had been for about 30 seconds or just a slight awareness then maybe that would have been ok, but not for the whole time I was there. Especially if there is evidence that it was possibly racially motivated. I won't cite Vuitton for racism because I can't prove it, but I refuse to be treated like crap in a store. My money is as good as anyones and they lost a sale because I was about to drop a lot of money.