Sale for Chanel employees. Does such thing exist?

I think it's pretty common for the vast majority of brands/retailers to give their employees at least some type of discount or sale opportunities -- that's usually one of the biggest perks of working there. I remember reading on another thread here on TPF that Chanel does hold employee sales. Of course, I have no clue about the authenticity of this particular bag, but it actually makes sense to me that it would be missing the authenticity sticker/card -- what better way does Chanel have of preventing its employees from flipping discounted merchandise once their employment has ended than by removing the authenticity labels? Because buyers will be highly skeptical and far less likely to pay close to retail on a bag that is missing those things. I've also heard of retailers marking through or removing labels on deeply discounted merchandise to prevent it from being resold ... so this scenario actually sounds plausible to me.

The lack of an authenticity sticker doesn't mean a bag is fake. It just means a sticker is missing. Lots of authentic bags on resale sites are missing the sticker. You have to judge authenticity by the bag itself and not any accompanying materials. When in doubt, get it authenticated.

I would think the sticker would need to be attached to the bag to be able to be traced back to the employee, which may be the reason why this bag doesn't have it (maybe?). I think I saw a chanel on FP that had the employee stamp on it. If the person no longer works there, it wouldn't be a problem, no?

My frd just told me today that her sis in law have access to 70% discount on Chanel bag, twice a year. Not to sure if it’s only for seasonal bags but she was able to get the silver gabby 70% off

Dear girls, thank you all for all your stories and opinions.
I actually have the continuation of the story. As I mentioned in my first message the bag is missing the serial sticker and I said to the seller that if the bag is authentic there should be one taking into consideration that bag is 2019. And she told me just the same story as @Classy&Fab told. When selling to employees Chanel removes sticker from bag to prevent them from resale and the girl would have been fired if she did so. But as now she doesn't work for Chanel she decided to sell this bag.

Taking into consideration all the mentioned above I have another question)) How is it possible to authenticate bag without a sticker especially when there are so many high quality fakes in the market. Is this possible?

Reactions: Classy&Fab
I knew someone who used to work / managed a Chanel boutique. They had staff sales and yes not allowed to sell their purchases. She was allowed to gift bags to family, that was it. I wasn't able to get a gift no matter what i offered. :nuts:
They had sales for makeup - it was a 'bring a friend' thing, I didn't get to go but she brought me multiple lip glosses and nail polishes for $5 & $10.

Last month I bought off ebay a camera reissue. Seller used to work for Chanel and is selling a couple of her items. It had the SN sticker in there. Came with dust bag and cards. There is a sewn in leather tag inside the pocket. It has 'Press' stamped in it.
The girls here authenticated it as all good. I also had the team at authenticate4u check it and all good.

Reactions: ChanelCanuck
Dear girls, thank you all for all your stories and opinions.
I actually have the continuation of the story. As I mentioned in my first message the bag is missing the serial sticker and I said to the seller that if the bag is authentic there should be one taking into consideration that bag is 2019. And she told me just the same story as @Classy&Fab told. When selling to employees Chanel removes sticker from bag to prevent them from resale and the girl would have been fired if she did so. But as now she doesn't work for Chanel she decided to sell this bag.

Taking into consideration all the mentioned above I have another question)) How is it possible to authenticate bag without a sticker especially when there are so many high quality fakes in the market. Is this possible?

It is definitely still possible to authenticate a bag without the serial sticker. You can post pictures of it on the Authenticate This thread here; I think they will at least try to authenticate it for you if you have good pics and details without a serial number (but someone correct me if I'm wrong). There are also quite a few websites that will do it for you ... you can search this forum for recommendations, but Etinceler is very popular and I myself have used them. They are very affordable (under $10 for the cheapest service!) and also very fast -- they always get back to me within 24-48 hours. They can even provide you with a certificate of authenticity if you want to pay more for that.

I definitely understand that missing the serial number/authenticity card is a red flag, but it doesn't automatically make it fake. It is definitely smart to be cautious and gather as many details as you can, though, and go with your gut feelings. If not having those authenticators causes you too much worry, then maybe it is worth it for you to pay more for peace of mind. :smile:

I found a bag on resale market which I wanted to get. The seller claimed it to be authentic and said that she got it with a a discount on private sale for Chanel employees. I got a bit suspicious as the bag she is selling is from classic collection (that is Coco Envelope flap) and there shouldn't be any discounts on classics.
The girl swore to death that the bag was authentic and she got it as a Chanel employee BUT it didn't have any authenticity sticker which I think proves that the bag is fake
So my question is there any Chanel private sales for bags?
And also I really want to know could modern bags have no sticker or does this automatically means that the bag is fake?
I do know that employees can purchase one bag from each season at a huge discount, but they DO have limited choices. I also know it’s NOT likely they have access to any classsics.
Not having an authenticity Card is always suspicious, but no sticker on the inside of the bag, to me at least, is a dead give away that it’s fake.
Personally, I’d steer clear of the seller.

It is definitely still possible to authenticate a bag without the serial sticker. You can post pictures of it on the Authenticate This thread here; I think they will at least try to authenticate it for you if you have good pics and details without a serial number (but someone correct me if I'm wrong). There are also quite a few websites that will do it for you ... you can search this forum for recommendations, but Etinceler is very popular and I myself have used them. They are very affordable (under $10 for the cheapest service!) and also very fast -- they always get back to me within 24-48 hours. They can even provide you with a certificate of authenticity if you want to pay more for that.

I definitely understand that missing the serial number/authenticity card is a red flag, but it doesn't automatically make it fake. It is definitely smart to be cautious and gather as many details as you can, though, and go with your gut feelings. If not having those authenticators causes you too much worry, then maybe it is worth it for you to pay more for peace of mind. :smile:
Thanks for that info. I had no idea.

Reactions: Classy&Fab
My frd just told me today that her sis in law have access to 70% discount on Chanel bag, twice a year. Not to sure if it’s only for seasonal bags but she was able to get the silver gabby 70% off
Wow I have never heard of 70% off. I used to work for the brand in the UK and in another country in Europe too and we got 30% of all stock when visiting the boutique only with a letter from manager that you are allowed to use it on a specific visit.

Wow I have never heard of 70% off. I used to work for the brand in the UK and in another country in Europe too and we got 30% of all stock when visiting the boutique only with a letter from manager that you are allowed to use it on a specific visit.
Yes 70% is correct. I had a friend who worked for them in the US and she told me 70% also.

My frds sis in law is in Australia. She told me Chanel isn’t overly popular there. She was telling me that their stores are usually empty but when I go to my boutique in Vancouver, I’d sometime have to line up during non Covid times

Reactions: ChanelCanuck