Food Salads?

I'm not much of a salad girl, but my fave (self-created from the salad joint downstairs) is baby field greens, baby spinach, eggs, red onion, tomatoes, blackened chicken, cayenne shrimp, smoked bacon, olive oil and red wine vinegar. All chopped up (all salads MUST be chopped for me to eat them- I cannot stand huge lettuce leaves, etc.)

Oh dear, my home made salads are usually very simple&traditional: one or two kinds of lattuce, then tomatoes (only when fresh and in season), and carrots. I sometimes add corn, beets, apples, celery, oranges (only in combination with radicchio), but never more than four ingredients, otherwise it's too much. No cheese, meat or fish for me, thanks.

Since I'm watching my cholesterol I have fine tuned my salads. Here is one I whip together that is really good:
mixed salad greens
tomatoes
vidallia onion
garbonzo beans
dried cranberries
balsamic vinegarette
*sometimes I'll marinate chicken cutlets (Lawry makes some really nice ones) and then chop them up and add them to the salad. All that you need to add to the salad is a nice multi grain bread (warm) and you have a great meal.

I am not much of a salad girl either, but I have been trying to eat one a few times a week for my meal! I really love the Fuji Apple Chicken Salad from Panera and have been making my own version at home ...

Spinach
Walnuts
Blue cheese
Apple chips (nature's own makes these in little bags now! 50 cals each and yummy)
Chicken
and vinagarette dressing.

Sometimes I have spinach with turkey bacon crumbles & egg crumbles and ranch dressing too as a side/snack.

dunno y but i dont like eating salads at all.it seems like almost every gals i know enjoy eating salads! I tried to make up my mind to like it...but cnt. :crybaby:

I used to hate salads before. I despised them and I'd just wonder how everyone could eat them lol
then I decided it was time I actually started liking it since it's good for you so I forced myself and I quickly started loving it :heart: