saks tourist discount?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. ok so i know saks do a tourist discount if you show your passport....is it 20% and are there any exclusions?

2. when i went to saks in NYC everyone there told me that this tourist discount doesn't exist.

3. I've never heard of this either...

4. arggh it was on a NYC thread somewhere leme find it

5. I don't know about Saks---but I was just in Chicago at Bloomingdales and was talking to the SA about my hotel. She told me to go to customer service and tell them I was from out of town. All I had to do was fill out a really short form (like 3 things, name, hotel and city I'm from) and they gave me a 15% off coupon for the whole day. Also since my purchase was over $100 they gave me a free tote bag (it's kinda cheapy but I'm sure I'll find a use for it)

I know that when I was in San Fran last year at Macy's an SA told me a similar thing and customer service gave me a discount for 11% off. All I had to do was show my out of state license. They didn't put a date on it or anything so I've been able to use it for a whole year now.

I'm guessing most of these dept stores have something like this. So I would guess if you are from out of town just go to customer service and let them know and ask if there are any discounts.

6. ^I'm definitely going to go and try that when I go to Honolulu next week!