Saks sent me a YSL that’s not even on the website! Help

chinelly

Nov 11, 2014
So I took advantage of the recent YSL sale for $350 off on medium monogram WOC from Saks 5th. And I was able to get 15% cash back from Rakuten. I thought I got such a good deal. My package finally arrived today. BUT I received the WOC in small instead of medium. I was trying to contact a sales rep and she told me they can adjust the price for me if I want to keep it. The problem is the small size is not even on their website! I only see the WOC in medium.

apparently I cannot exchange it online, only return. If I do that, I will lose the cash back and wouldn’t receive the bag until June (it’s preorder according to the website). Or I can exchange in store, my nearest store is 1.5 hours away and it’s currently out of stock.

This is just so frustrating. I wanted WOC for Christmas. Ain’t happening.

anyone has any advice on what’s best to do?

So I took advantage of the recent YSL sale for $350 off on medium monogram WOC from Saks 5th. And I was able to get 15% cash back from Rakuten. I thought I got such a good deal. My package finally arrived today. BUT I received the WOC in small instead of medium. I was trying to contact a sales rep and she told me they can adjust the price for me if I want to keep it. The problem is the small size is not even on their website! I only see the WOC in medium.

apparently I cannot exchange it online, only return. If I do that, I will lose the cash back and wouldn’t receive the bag until June (it’s preorder according to the website). Or I can exchange in store, my nearest store is 1.5 hours away and it’s currently out of stock.

I can’t speak about the bag issue specifically, but my Rakuten cash back has never been lost or taken back if I return what I ordered.

Reactions: beliveindestiny
I had 2 returns in the past month (from different vendors) and BOTH items were removed from my rakuten cashback balance, so I wouldn't assume they won't take the money back.

Saks normally sells both the small and medium WOCs. They must be sold out. If you don't want the small WOC, I would return it. I'd get the one I really wanted instead.

Saks has these sale promos off and on with high rakuten cashback percentages. It won't be your last chance to get a good deal, but unfortunately it won't arrive before Christmas. Sorry! :sad:

That's really frustrating!! I hope you get the bag you want soon. If the Small WOC is not what you want, return it, disheartening but at least one day soon you'll hopefully get the bag you actually ordered and really want :smile:

Post a pic. Is the bag cute? If so, keep it.

What's the price difference between the two bags you mentioned?

Like with any transaction, you win some, you lose some. Not trying to justify receiving something you didn't order. But it's COVID19 season you have to consider all the hassles of returning and whether or not that's worth it. Be happy, it's almost Christmas!

Return it if it’s not exactly what you want. As frustrating as it is, in the long run there will be more deals to be had and you may as well get exactly what you want. Rakuten will remove the cash back from your account. I meticulously check my rakuten account when I make luxury purchases and return them, they deduct the cash back amount.