Saks SA Mad at Me, Am I Doing Wrong?

annanna02

Oct 26, 2019
Hi ladies,

I recently ordered a Classic Flap m/l in black caviar leather from my Saks SA at Phoenix prior to the price increase and have it shipped to me to California. When I received the bag, I found the caviar is very very dull and feels like plastic, especially compared to another Classic Flap I bought in Europe. Moreover, it has a loose thread on the corner. I am not happy with the quality of this bag, so I asked my SA if an exchange is possible. At this moment, he is very kind, and is willing to accommodate the exchange for me. So I shipped the bag back to him and waited for about two weeks until he got me a replacement. When I received the replacement, the caviar looks good and it feels buttery soft and smooth. However, when I took a closer look, I found a small peeling on the side of the flap. After a hard time considering, I decided to return the bag as I am afraid the peeling may become worse after I start using the bag, also I am afraid that some other part of this bag may peel as well.

Because I am tired of this shipping and waiting process I decided to return the bag instead of reaching out to my SA for another exchange. As the billing cycle for my card is coming up, I decided to return the bag to my local Saks instead of shipping it back, because I think by doing so I can have more control. So I returned my bag yesterday at my local Saks. Today, I received a complaint text message from my SA, saying that he wasted a medium classic flap on me. Despite I have introduced so many clients to him. After I explained the situation to him, he replied me, I hope you can find your perfect bag. Which sounds very ironic, sounds like he think I am over-react or over picky. He also mentioned he has a long list of client waiting for this bag. If my understanding is correct, basically, if I send him back this bag with peeling on the side, he will instantly sell to another client : )

I think return to any local Saks store is the client's benefit and right, and client shouldn't be blamed for doing so.

As for the return, I couldn't understand, even though I returned at my local Saks, wouldn't it be the case that the bag will be sent back to the original store? Why my SA said he waste a bag on me?

Last edited:
eek. i dont think the bag gets returned to the original store. it probably becomes that stores inventory to sell. your SA was probably upset because he could've sold that bag to another customer and gotten commission but now that bag is gone so he cant sell :sad: still, he shouldn't be complaining to you about returning the bag to your local store! when ordering without seeing the bag in person, try to ask for mote detailed pictures so you know exactly what you are receiving! :smile:

He's *selling* the bag to *you*. You're the client. It sounds like he knows you, so he should have checked the bags carefully. It's rude, tacky and out of line for a salesperson to complain to the client-- yes he's probably losing a commission, but that's sales. I try to be considerate of the salespeople I work with, but it has to be a two way street. At the end of the day, it's your money, and you are the client.

Being an SA is a job. Every job has its challenges. Your essay should always be cheerful and delightful, regardless if you return a bag. I have a couple that have always been delightful, even though I have worried that I was disappointing them. Please stay strong and do not let this essay make you feel pressured in anyway. They are choosing to earn their living this way. My own job has its challenges in making people happy, and I have to accept it or get out of the business. This is life. You are the one paying the money, and you deserve to have a bag that satisfies you. I don’t think you are having unreasonable expectations. If you continually bought and returned, that would be a different issue, and the SA should choose not to sell to you any further. That is his/her option.

I’ve had the same text from two different Saks SAs & my friends have gotten these same complaints from SAs as well (Neimans & Saks) It made me so uncomfortable but I tried to understand their side of it that they lost a sale, still it just seemed really unprofessional. I had purchased a lot from them so for them to be petty like that over 1 item was just really uncalled for, like I was being scolded.
I have a Saks 20 mins away from me so I didn’t think it was that big of a deal to take the item back there instead of having to wait up to 2 weeks to get a refund. And I always worry about the item until it’s safely in my SAs hands, it’s just less stressful and way quicker.

Reactions: LuvhandbagsLV
I get it, and I would always try to send to my SA so they can resell and not lose the sale, HOWEVER, I think it's very rude/unprofessional to complain to you about it.

I once had a BG SA text me and ask if I meant to send a bag back, lol, Because obviously the bag got packed and shipped on it's own. I mean...

Because I am tired of this shipping and waiting process I decided to return the bag instead of reaching out to my SA for another exchange. As the billing cycle for my card is coming up, I decided to return the bag to my local Saks instead of shipping it back, because I think by doing so I can have more control. So I returned my bag yesterday at my local Saks. Today, I received a complaint text message from my SA, saying that he wasted a medium classic flap on me. Despite I have introduced so many clients to him. After I explained the situation to him, he replied me, I hope you can find your perfect bag. Which sounds very ironic, sounds like he think I am over-react or over picky. He also mentioned he has a long list of client waiting for this bag. If my understanding is correct, basically, if I send him back this bag with peeling on the side, he will instantly sell to another client : )

I think return to any local Saks store is the client's benefit and right, and client shouldn't be blamed for doing so.

As for the return, I couldn't understand, even though I returned at my local Saks, wouldn't it be the case that the bag will be sent back to the original
Hi ladies,

I recently ordered a Classic Flap m/l in black caviar leather from my Saks SA at Phoenix prior to the price increase and have it shipped to me to California. When I received the bag, I found the caviar is very very dull and feels like plastic, especially compared to another Classic Flap I bought in Europe. Moreover, it has a loose thread on the corner. I am not happy with the quality of this bag, so I asked my SA if an exchange is possible. At this moment, he is very kind, and is willing to accommodate the exchange for me. So I shipped the bag back to him and waited for about two weeks until he got me a replacement. When I received the replacement, the caviar looks good and it feels buttery soft and smooth. However, when I took a closer look, I found a small peeling on the side of the flap. After a hard time considering, I decided to return the bag as I am afraid the peeling may become worse after I start using the bag, also I am afraid that some other part of this bag may peel as well.

As for the return, I couldn't understand, even though I returned at my local Saks, wouldn't it be the case that the bag will be sent back to the original store? Why my SA said he waste a bag on me?
I dont think you did anything wrong. There was an issue with a very expensive item and you returned it to a place most convenient to you. The SA is being a bit unprofessional here if you ask me.

Reactions: missie1