Saks Repetto disaster - help!

BagaholicAnon

Hopelessly Addicted!
O.G.
Jul 17, 2007
We don't have a Saks full priced store here, so I ordered a pair of Repetto ballet flats online. I got them in last week, and was wearing them around to the house to see if I liked the fit. They felt good at first, but then they were a little snug, so I was debating ordering a larger size. Anyways, I started doing the dishes and I tend to splash a lot of water around when I do the dishes. Well, when I took the shoes off, the water had totally stained the leather soles! I didn't notice it till the next day, after I called Saks to order the larger size. I was packing up the shoes to send back and noticed the water marks! Do you think Saks will still take them back? There's no wear marks, just water stains. :sad:

That's clever, I didn't think of that! I was actually thinking of how to remove the stains on it. You'd think that just by drying it would remove the stains, but they're still there!

I think I'm going to wait and see how the larger size fits. If it's too large, then I would keep the ones I have now anyways. If the larger size fits better, I might just call and see what Saks will do.

^I was thinking that, but if it was on sale, I'd take them! Does anyone know if Repettos stretch? My toes are right up against the edge of the shoe, so I'm thinking that since they are so soft, they will stretch, but I don't want toe-prints either. Maybe if I wear socks to stretch them.....?

I've decided to just keep the shoes, you ladies are right. So, I wore them out yesterday and they aren't terrible, but my toes are right up to the end of the shoes. The cobbler is a good idea since they are very soft and ideal for stretching. Then at least I won't get the toe prints! Thanks!

Just a quick update:

I finally received the size 37s from Saks and they're too big! I have been wearing my 36.5 every other day and they actually fit perfectly now! I guess it was just meant to be!