Saks price adjustment

lakeshow

O.G.
Dec 7, 2010
I purchased an item from Saks online and then it went on sale. I called and the phone rep said it was beyond their seven day window so she could not make an adjustment - despite the item still being in stock. I asked to speak a supervisor, she refused at first, then said they were on another call and would call me back. Of course, no one called me back! (this irritates me greatly but oh well)

So the next day I called in again and a different phone rep told me she could put in the request for the adjustment.

A week later and no further follow up, didn't see anything on my CC statement so I called again, quoted the reference number and was told the process had stopped because they weren't sure what the amount I should be receiving back was. Frustrating! Apparently this phone rep updated the request.

I am not confident I will get the price adjustment, which is really frustrating because what I should have just done was ordered the skirt when it was still in stock at the new price and just returned the original one. It would have been a stupid waste of resources but it would have ensured I would have gotten the return.

Can anyone suggest how to speak to someone at Saks that will rectify this for me? Or am I just SOL? Unfortunately the skirt is now sold out and I'm kicking myself for not just re-ordering it entirely!

Reactions: Havanese 28
Boo, these comments are not encouraging! lol. I placed a larger order last weekend and I'm tempted to return it all on principle TBH. I'm petty like that.

I don't think you are being petty, you are standing by your principles & for that you may have to pay a price, sadly speaking
I'd call again & ask to speak with a supervisor & perhaps a confirmation over the phone can be done
for the price adjustment.
Good luck

Reactions: fally
I purchased an item from Saks online and then it went on sale. I called and the phone rep said it was beyond their seven day window so she could not make an adjustment - despite the item still being in stock. I asked to speak a supervisor, she refused at first, then said they were on another call and would call me back. Of course, no one called me back! (this irritates me greatly but oh well)

So the next day I called in again and a different phone rep told me she could put in the request for the adjustment.

A week later and no further follow up, didn't see anything on my CC statement so I called again, quoted the reference number and was told the process had stopped because they weren't sure what the amount I should be receiving back was. Frustrating! Apparently this phone rep updated the request.

I am not confident I will get the price adjustment, which is really frustrating because what I should have just done was ordered the skirt when it was still in stock at the new price and just returned the original one. It would have been a stupid waste of resources but it would have ensured I would have gotten the return.

Can anyone suggest how to speak to someone at Saks that will rectify this for me? Or am I just SOL? Unfortunately the skirt is now sold out and I'm kicking myself for not just re-ordering it entirely!
Good Evening lakeshow, I am sorry about your price adjustment issue.
I would suggest that you call up saks.online and ask if the item is still available in a store in any of the U.S. locations. Then if they say yes, you can reorder it from the store at the sale price just be sure to ask the SA in the store if they will honor the lesser price and return the one from saks online. Hope this helps. I saw the burberry liner on sale online as well but it was sold out however they confirmed it's located in stores and burberry inside of saks was carrying the item for the sale price. Take care and happy holidays.

Reactions: lakeshow
Good Evening lakeshow, I am sorry about your price adjustment issue.
I would suggest that you call up saks.online and ask if the item is still available in a store in any of the U.S. locations. Then if they say yes, you can reorder it from the store at the sale price just be sure to ask the SA in the store if they will honor the lesser price and return the one from saks online. Hope this helps. I saw the burberry liner on sale online as well but it was sold out however they confirmed it's located in stores and burberry inside of saks was carrying the item for the sale price. Take care and happy holidays.

thanks for this advice! i will get on the phone with them. much appreciated :smile:

Reactions: fally
I hate calling saks customer service. Everyone barely speaks English, and they rarely understand what I'm asking. As far as price adjustments go, the policy is in place for a reason and I wouldn't expect them to change it (though it can never hurt asking). I'm a big fan of the loophole though where you buy it for the lower price and return the higher price one.

Reactions: Allisonfaye

if it was me i would have purchased the same item on sale and returned the older item if it was unused because Saks sucks at price adjustments

but im glad you got your price adjustments
A happy ending - they refunded the price difference! Thanks Saks and thanks all who replied :smile::smile::smile:
Lesson learned though - next time I will def just re-order the marked down item and return the original. It would have saved me a lot of time on the phone!

Glad you got it. It's too bad you have to jump through those hoops to get your refund. Saks has horrible customer service. I rarely shop there anymore at all unless I can't get whatever it is elsewhere.