Saks is Offering Free Standard Shipping to CANADA!!

PrincessD

Hello!!
O.G.
Jan 23, 2009
Canada
That's right Canadian ladies & gents!! From now until Dec 7th, they are offering free standard shipping to CANADA!!! Time to SHOP SHOP SHOP!!!!!! :yahoo:

This is a perfect time to pick up those Saks exclusive products like the mini Valentino cross body evening bag going for like 4 bills lol!!!

PrincessD

Hello!!
O.G.
Jan 23, 2009
Canada
No problem!! The requirement of making a minimum purchase of $100USD to be eligible for this offer is just soooooooo easy!!!!

togal

Apr 20, 2009
I just did a test checkout for a bag that was $459 CDN and the duties and taxes were $241!! :cry:

Jayne1

Working Canvas
O.G.
Aug 2, 2006
Toronto
^ They use Fedex. High likelihood of duties!
They use FiftyOne, you will be charged duties and taxes upfront.
I just tried to buy boots for 135$ and the tax/duties on top of was 55$!!! Come on!
So what is it? FedEx or FiftyOne (but what is FiftyOne?) and is it FedEx Ground or the real FedEx?

Jujuwa514 - there should only be taxes on those boots - how did it come to so much? Unless they actually consider the country in which those boots were made and that is the reason for duty on boots coming from the States??

I'm waiting for shoes to go on sale and maybe I shouldn't even bother!

Jujuwa514

ಠ_ಠ
O.G.
Sep 1, 2006
MTL
So what is it? FedEx or FiftyOne (but what is FiftyOne?) and is it FedEx Ground or the real FedEx?

Jujuwa514 - there should only be taxes on those boots - how did it come to so much? Unless they actually consider the country in which those boots were made and that is the reason for duty on boots coming from the States??

I'm waiting for shoes to go on sale and maybe I shouldn't even bother!
No clue. Never bought from Saks online because of the whole shipping to Canada business. But maybe because the boots are Burberry? Here's a more detailed breakdown:

Item Subtotal: CAD 132.85
Shipping: FREE
Duty & Taxes: CAD 55.54
Order Total: CAD 188.39

If it's just taxes, then it should be max 20$ and not 55$ hmmm

Mimster

Jul 20, 2009
^ Jayne, if you have a relative in the States, have them ship it there and then have your relative ship it up via USPS. I have several items shipped that way and haven't had to pay any duty even though the packages were clearly marked. I think it is because the Canada post is more strict/thorough if a package is coming from a retailer.

pebblesbb

*in la-la-land*
May 1, 2009
Duty & Taxes probably includes the brokerage fee charged by FedEx...couriers can charge up to 100% for brokerage charges!!

No clue. Never bought from Saks online because of the whole shipping to Canada business. But maybe because the boots are Burberry? Here's a more detailed breakdown:

Item Subtotal: CAD 132.85
Shipping: FREE
Duty & Taxes: CAD 55.54
Order Total: CAD 188.39

If it's just taxes, then it should be max 20$ and not 55$ hmmm