SAKS is confusing me about the 2.55! Someone help!

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Jan 14, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
    Hi Ladies,

I have my first 2.55 on hold at Saks right now (unfortunately it's in another city so I can't see it in person). I'm trying to get an understanding of the bag from the SA but she does not sound too familiar with Chanel. The bag I have on hold is metallic black with shiny silver hardware and I believe it was a Winter 08 bag. She told me that it is lambskin and that ALL 2.55 are lambskin (I thought the metallic bags were calfskin?!) Also, the bag is slightly smaller than the medium 2.55 but bigger than the small 2.55. I didn't know they made something in between the two?!

I know you guys are experts, so I'd love your help. Did Chanel have a 2.55 black metallic lambskin bag with shiny silver hardware? If it is in fact lambskin, will I have to be SUPER delicate with it?

Here is the photo...what do you guys think?

reissue.jpg
  2. :confused1: bump

3. It seems that most if not all of the metallic bags are quite fragile. There are several threads here about the fragility of the metallics. I'll see if I can find a couple for you.

4. #4 Jan 14, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
    I have a black metallic (w/ black hardware) and it is distressed calfskin, not lambskin. I thought all the black metallics were calfskin, I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong....BTW, I've been using mine since October almost daily & have not had any issues with it. I feel that it is very durable. Others have had negative experiences w/ the metallics, but I have not. Kinda hit or miss.....

I will try and help you figure out the size, how much is it & did the SA give you the dimensions?

5. All of the reissue bags are calfskin - metallic, distressed, patent or otherwise - all calfskin.

6. thanks for your replies everyone! it turns out they do make a lambskin metallic reissue but it is very delicate so i ordered the metallic black reissue in calfskin with an antique silver chain. i can't wait to see it in person.

i'll post pics when i get it tomorrow!!!