Saks has lost me as a client! Crazy story.

OP, i'm soo sorry you are going through this! I returned a Chanel to Saks at Austin, which is tiny and don't have Chanel boutique, at first SA wasn't sure what to do with it, but a quick call to manager solves the problem. What assistance manager said is just an excuse b/c they don't want to take the hit on return as it affects their report. I would PM this thread to sakslistens, AND post on their tweet/fb too. You have been collecting Chanel for years, and I'm sure you are also a long time customer with Saks. You and your husband should not go through this at all.

Please keep us updated, best of luck :hugs:

I know I posted before, but I still can not believe this happened. I keep coming back to read this thread for updates to find out if anything good comes out of this craziness. It's so shocking that you and your husband were treated this way. I really hope Saks deals with this (so called) asst. manager. He should not be allowed to get away with this type of behavior. What happened to "the customer is always right"?

Again, good luck with all of this. I hope it works out in your favor.

This is quite an unbelievable story!!! I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I shop a lot at Saks and my mother's best friend works in contemporary. I've never been treated like this by anyone there.

That man needs to be fired immediately. His behavior is unacceptable to say the least. The whole situation does seem very odd and I do wonder what is intentions were. I cannot believe he'd take the bag and say you may never see it again, nor see your refund. It's mind boggling!

I truly hope it all works out for you, and I'm sure it will. I'm sorry again that you have to go through this nonsense. They should give you a free Chanel bag after the way you were treated!! That's for damn sure.

As a side note -- I buy things and return all the time to different store locations and have never had a problem even when those stores don't carry the item I'm returning. I've done this in recent memory with bloomies (bags and clothing) and nordstroms (which incredibly accepts nordies.com returns at their rack locations). It's such a shame that Saks -- which is supposed to be the top of the line -- can't measure up.

I had a similiar situation where a Nordstrom's would not take back a Balenciaga bag because they did not carry it and thus not familiar with the authenticity of it. I can understand that there are people who return knock offs and some SA's, being as clueless as they are, accept them and later find out they were fake. This is why some stores do this, the women at the register, wrote the information down and told me they would forward the bag to a store who carried BAL bags.. a few days later, I got a call confirming the receipt of the bag and a refund a few days later. I am sure the guy is not trying to steal your bag and I am sorry you were treated this way, but perhaps there was some miscommunication and maybe that particular manager had had an experience where someone WAS trying to return a fake or used bag. So, i would relax and just remain in contact with the sales associate at the original store. But, honestly, until you can get to the bottom of what transpired, I think its fair to assume he should be fired. As consumers, we have no idea what kind of stuff people try to pull with large department stores and what these employees have to deal with. I also think as a manager, he should have been most customer friendly and handled the situation better.

After speaking with the store manager who laughed ( no lie) at me as to why I was sooo stressed over the bag. Why I waited to bring it back etc. And how I was rushing this along . I explained I have no collateral , bag or refund. She said she was sorry. Totally unprofessional. They are sending me the bag back to my home . I hope and pray it is the same condition my husband left it in. I will privately sell it. I dont even want to think about this anymore, ever! I'm sorry if I do not come back to this thread anymore. This has made me sick for 2 days. I want to forget about it all.

Lesson here. Saks will only return a bag within 30 days, must deal with original store, take photos before if you plan to ship the bag . They can say ANYTHING to get out of returning it.

I love Neiman Marcus and Norstroms . They will get my buisness from now on.
Case closed!

Glad to hear you are getting the bag back. My NM only takes returns for 30 days also.

After speaking with the store manager who laughed ( no lie) at me as to why I was sooo stressed over the bag. Why I waited to bring it back etc. And how I was rushing this along . I explained I have no collateral , bag or refund. She said she was sorry. Totally unprofessional. They are sending me the bag back to my home . I hope and pray it is the same condition my husband left it in. I will privately sell it. I dont even want to think about this anymore, ever! I'm sorry if I do not come back to this thread anymore. This has made me sick for 2 days. I want to forget about it all.

Lesson here. Saks will only return a bag within 30 days, must deal with original store, take photos before if you plan to ship the bag . They can say ANYTHING to get out of returning it.

Case closed!

Case closed!

I'd be on the phone with corporate about the store manager as well. To LAUGH about the situation? How on earth could they expect you NOT to be stressed out when they took your bag with absolutely no collateral on your part?

The fact that they'd allow this whole situation to happen is nuts. I've seen managers do it at my store - promise things to customers and then leave the items sitting around. Guess who's back in panic mode a few weeks later.. yep, the customer who's item is now lost and untraceable.

WTF D?!?! You definitely need to file a formal complaint in writing and cc it to everyone. I know this is NOT true because I returned a bag that was sent to me from Saks NY to Saks at SCP. It was a display diamond stitch large flap and it had scratches all over it. Saks SCP doesn't carry Chanel. They saleslady made sure the return shipping label and receipt were with my bag, then called Saks NY to verify the return. It took about 10 mins and the return was made to my credit card. Unless Saks has changed their policy, I know you can return a bag purchased from another Saks to any Saks. I bought a bag from an out of state Saks sight unseen and was not fond of the color when I saw it in person. I returned it to Saks BH with no problem.

Case closed!

so sorry that the manager was not more sympathetic to your plight and understand your unhappiness/frustration. I hope everything works out in the end for you!

I keep reading these poor service threads and wondering exactly why these higher end stores are getting away with such bad service. The economy is still bad -- there are plenty of people who would be glad to have those SAs' jobs and can Saks or other stores REALLY afford to alienate customers who have money for luxury items right now?