Saks Gift Card w/Purchase

bagshopr

O.G.
Apr 6, 2007
I purchased a bag in November 2012 and was told I would receive a gift card in the mail in January. I haven't received it yet. My SA first told me that it would be here in mid January, then she told me late January, now she tells me "in a couple of weeks." Has anyone received their gift card from a November purchase? I'm beginning to think that I will never get it.

When I have purchased something In a "spend some, get some" the gift card came in the box along with the item I purchased.

I wonder if the Saks credit services person that helped you was not clear that you were talking about waiting for a gift card from a purchase from the November spend some, get some promo. I would call back and talk to someone else

Good luck - keep us posted! :smile:

Judging by the cards coming in February comment, I agree that the person you spoke with misunderstood and thinks you're looking for your SaksFirst giftcard (your rewards points for the year are auto redeemed and a gift card issued around Feb)

When I have purchased something In a "spend some, get some" the gift card came in the box along with the item I purchased.

I wonder if the Saks credit services person that helped you was not clear that you were talking about waiting for a gift card from a purchase from the November spend some, get some promo. I would call back and talk to someone else

Good luck - keep us posted! :smile:

Mine came in the box with my order too. The odd thing about mine is that I got a $100 gift card for spending a certain amount of money. I ended up returning some items from the order and I assumed that Saks would adjust the balance on the gift card accordingly. Weeks later and the card still says it has a balance of $100. Do they adjust when you use it?

Mine came in the box with my order too. The odd thing about mine is that I got a $100 gift card for spending a certain amount of money. I ended up returning some items from the order and I assumed that Saks would adjust the balance on the gift card accordingly. Weeks later and the card still says it has a balance of $100. Do they adjust when you use it?

I would think they would have adjusted your gift card, but its not likely considering its not easy to calculate how much to take away from your gift card based on how much you returned. (if that even makes sense! It makes sense in my head) :smile: I bet you are in the clear. Lucky you :smile:

The times I got the spend some, get some promo gift cards, I spent my free money soon after and didn't return any of my goodies. :smile: Gift cards seem to burn a hole in my wallet. I have had one from Nordstrom since Christmas - and it feels like a while to me! I just haven't shopped a lot over the past few weeks.

That would be pretty lucky considering that I returned all but one item from the order. The return should have taken my gift card balance from $100 to $25. I have held on to the card for a while, but I just placed a pre-order for a McQueen dress. The card took off a $100 (the gift card balance), but the dress won't ship for a while, so I'm still waiting to see if it will go through.
The fine print on the Gift Card event even addressed returns (and subsequently reducing gift card amounts accordingly) - they even said that they reserve the right to charge your payment method (on the original order) if you spend the gift card before the amount can be readjusted.

That would be pretty lucky considering that I returned all but one item from the order. The return should have taken my gift card balance from $100 to $25. I have held on to the card for a while, but I just placed a pre-order for a McQueen dress. The card took off a $100 (the gift card balance), but the dress won't ship for a while, so I'm still waiting to see if it will go through.
The fine print on the Gift Card event even addressed returns (and subsequently reducing gift card amounts accordingly) - they even said that they reserve the right to charge your payment method (on the original order) if you spend the gift card before the amount can be readjusted.

Hmm, yes. I would think they would have adjusted it by now. I thought I had read that in the fine print as well. Maybe you just got lucky?