Saks Fifth Avenue in Riverside Mall (Hackensack, NJ) will be closing
the store December 27, 2014.

So it looks like Short Hills will be the store to go to now which happens
to be in a great mall

to be in a great mall
Wow..wonder what will end up there in it's place. This could also mean some good holiday deals there if they are closing!

Awww I love Saks & it makes me sad so many of their stores have closed. Ours closed last year. Prices only went to about 50%. They just transfer most of the merchandise to other locations or Off Fifth depending on how old it is maybe. Thanks goodness we still have Off Fifth stores! We got a crummy southern chain called Belk in its place, which seems to be on par with a Macys/Dillards type store. Neiman Marcus is king here (based here/original store). Nordstrom has also done well here. Barneys did not make it though & also closed within the past 2 years.

Awww I love Saks & it makes me sad so many of their stores have closed. Ours closed last year. Prices only went to about 50%. They just transfer most of the merchandise to other locations or Off Fifth depending on how old it is maybe. Thanks goodness we still have Off Fifth stores! We got a crummy southern chain called Belk in its place, which seems to be on par with a Macys/Dillards type store. Neiman Marcus is king here (based here/original store). Nordstrom has also done well here. Barneys did not make it though & also closed within the past 2 years.

I am sad that Galleria Saks closed, but honestly, their selection sucked big time, and was very lack luster!
Austin's Saks closed two years ago, too. Which made me very sad. It was the nicest dept store in Austin for a very long time, and I lived so close by and had bought so much grat stuff from there, so I was upset when it closed. I think in Texas only Houston still has a Saks.

Does anyone know what other stores moved into the old Saks locations? I'm super worried because it's one of my #1 dept. stores for luxury goods in Boston...I'm guessing the Boston location is fine (went this weekend, it was PACKED)...but you never know.

Does anyone know what other stores moved into the old Saks locations? I'm super worried because it's one of my #1 dept. stores for luxury goods in Boston...I'm guessing the Boston location is fine (went this weekend, it was PACKED)...but you never know.

I think Saks in Boston will be fine, every time I go there it's packed. On the other hand, that horrible Barneys should be worried.

This is my store and while I'm not happy about it - it didn't have a lot of designer stuff anyway. Hopefully something good will take its place in the mall...

to be in a great mall