Saks Fifth Ave - up to 70% off!!

Jul 10, 2006
I just did a quick chat because now I regret not getting those Choos last night and the rep said even if it's damaged it's final sale.

My Chat:
So if I order some shoes and they arrive slightly damaged it's final sale even if they come damaged?

[Melanie Denson] Yes, that is correct if the item is listed as final sale.

[mariam] ok , thank you.
[Melanie Denson] Thank you for visiting saks.com. It has been a pleasure serving you today, and we hope you visit us again soon!

They might make exceptions but I just want to pass on what they are saying.
I am sure most other items aren't tossed around like shoes often are during sales.

Don't get me wrong I love the Saks sales, if I have time I will head over to my Saks to check it out in person.
I have a hard time believing that if something arrives damaged you can't return it. You paid for a new, undamaged item. I'm pretty sure you can go back to the store and get a manager to give you a refund if others won't.

katran26

Bargain Hunter!
O.G.
Aug 25, 2008
Yeah, I can't see saks refusing to refund a damaged item.

Me neither- that would infuriate a lot of customers especially since some sale items are bound to be damaged (wear and tear, having been returned prior, etc.). I'm wondering if Barney's and NM are going to do the final sale thing too...

Quigs

O.G.
Aug 23, 2006
"*We have taken up to 70% off selected dresses. Selected merchandise and vendors only. No adjustments to prior purchases. Sale prices at saks.com already reflect reductions. Sale prices of select saks.com merchandise may differ from Saks Fifth Avenue store prices. ALL SALES ARE FINAL ON SELECT SALE MERCHANDISE. Items marked Final Sale on product pages are not eligible to be exchanged or returned[/B]."

Apr 15, 2007
"*We have taken up to 70% off selected dresses. Selected merchandise and vendors only. No adjustments to prior purchases. Sale prices at saks.com already reflect reductions. Sale prices of select saks.com merchandise may differ from Saks Fifth Avenue store prices. ALL SALES ARE FINAL ON SELECT SALE MERCHANDISE. Items marked Final Sale on product pages are not eligible to be exchanged or returned[/B]."

I'd be looking over any inteneded purchase to make sure the condition is
what you would expect it to be. As far as SFA.com, since the customer
may not be able to look it over, there might be some leeway

I'm thinking that with this big markdown SFA is really going to be firm
with "final sale"...

Shopmore

O.G.
Oct 14, 2009
Midwest baby!
I purchased a Moncler yesterday and even though there was slight staining (that can be removed) - it couldn't be marked down any additional percentage.

Quigs

O.G.
Aug 23, 2006

This was on Saks.com for online purchases. I don't whether or not the same policy is in effect for in store purchases.

AEGIS

lettin' them have it
Nov 29, 2010
So I am not the only person who was surprised by this new policy. It's a little off putting honestly.

Quigs

O.G.
Aug 23, 2006
Final sale is also in effect at the store. They stamped my receipt with a Final Sale No Returns stamp.
I called customer service re online ordering.

I was told that unless the specific product page stated that this specific item is a final sale no return item, the item is eligible to be returned or exchanged. Also,the customer service rep stated that there is a reminder of final sale no return no exchange on the check out page.

atnk

O.G.
Jan 1, 2008
I called customer service re online ordering.

I was told that unless the specific product page stated that this specific item is a final sale no return item, the item is eligible to be returned or exchanged. Also,the customer service rep stated that there is a reminder of final sale no return no exchange on the check out page.
The thing is, some product pages don't mention final sale, but when you go to check out, then it says final sale. Then what?

RE in store, this is not the first time they've stamped receipts final sale. I recall a couple of winters ago, they did the same thing for one of their after X-mas fire sales.

Mar 8, 2009
For those of you that have received your order already, does it say 'final sale' on the receipt anywhere?

Apr 29, 2008
NYC
My SA told me that they were doing it because they were getting a lot of worn and damaged returns. It actually deters me to shop because I won't oder something I might normally take a chance on. It seems like anything that is clearance (70% off) is final sale. Items that are still 55% are returnable.