Saks Fifth Ave - up to 70% off!!

TheNordstrom Anniversary Sale Early Accessopens to Nordies Insider cardmembers today.
Please support the community andclick here prior to checking out!Don't forget to share your haul in the officialNSALE 2020 thread!

mytwocents

Apr 25, 2008
STL
sale just started on the site for everyone but be CAREFUL because it's final sale.

Last year I got something at last cut and it was scuffed and in poor condition like it was tossed around the sales floor for weeks. It had a ball of foot cushion in the shoe when it arrived! The sole was clean though. I returned it and I hate returning things.

I want something on the site but I can't justify spending 200-300+ on something that might arrive scuffed and I can't return it.
Even if it's 70% off I expect designer items coming from Saks to be in good condition.
If they want to make the item final sale then I hope they do quality control before shipping each and every item.

atnk

O.G.
Jan 1, 2008
Also be careful in that some of the items don't say final sale until you check out.

Apr 11, 2008
NY
Not much left today...I did get the lion/butterfly McQueen scarf before it sold out tho. Not everything is final, and if damaged, I think they will be reasonable about returning. They just dont want buyers' remorse returns. They get tons after the 60% sale starts!

katran26

Bargain Hunter!
O.G.
Aug 25, 2008
Not much left today...I did get the lion/butterfly McQueen scarf before it sold out tho. Not everything is final, and if damaged, I think they will be reasonable about returning. They just dont want buyers' remorse returns. They get tons after the 60% sale starts!

I agree- final sale can usually be overlooked if something arrives damaged...I've argued in other stores/online retailers when items come damaged (and are final sale) and have always gotten refunded.

mytwocents

Apr 25, 2008
STL
I just did a quick chat because now I regret not getting those Choos last night and the rep said even if it's damaged it's final sale.

My Chat:
So if I order some shoes and they arrive slightly damaged it's final sale even if they come damaged?

[Melanie Denson] Yes, that is correct if the item is listed as final sale.

[mariam] ok , thank you.
[Melanie Denson] Thank you for visiting saks.com. It has been a pleasure serving you today, and we hope you visit us again soon!

They might make exceptions but I just want to pass on what they are saying.
I am sure most other items aren't tossed around like shoes often are during sales.

Don't get me wrong I love the Saks sales, if I have time I will head over to my Saks to check it out in person.

Mar 8, 2009
Oh wow, I definitely overlooked the 'Final Sale' part, I thought it meant it was the final markdown for some reason. Are all the items final sale or are their certain items that say final sale under them?

katlun

O.G.
Dec 29, 2007
Oh wow, I definitely overlooked the 'Final Sale' part, I thought it meant it was the final markdown for some reason. Are all the items final sale or are their certain items that say final sale under them?
When you check out it lets you know that the item is final sale

Lanvinfiend

Jun 10, 2014
Eep this final sale is definitely something to take note of. They should have some flexibility for returns of damaged items but it sounds like this isn't the case!

atnk

O.G.
Jan 1, 2008
Unless I've tried an item on before, I would never purchase something "final sale."

klynneann

Jul 31, 2011
Seattle
Unless I've tried an item on before, I would never purchase something "final sale."
Sometimes even then I won't. I've been known to change my mind... :shame: Seriously, I stopped shopping at J. Crew because of their final sale policy.