Saks.com Shopping Experience - Authenticity Card Missing

icecreamom

Loubie-Happy
O.G.
Sep 22, 2009
Hi Ladies,

I just received the mini Cassandra top handle from Saks.com It is my birthday gift to myself and is absolutely beautiful. However, I am a little annoyed because the bag only came with the dustbag, no tags, leather sample or authenticity card/white card. I called customer service, and they blamed the pandemic?? I was told that "the vendor is sending the bags like this because of Covid" and was offered a 15% off for my inconvenience. Not sure, if this is enough of a discount, and... could this possibly just be a returned bag? someone took the paperwork and returned it? I read that this happens at NM often.
One more thing, I was told by an SA that Saks.com buys bags from YSL to sell via e-commerce but that if I go to the physical store here (in Manhattan) the boutique is disconnected from the actual Saks brick and mortar and I won't be able to exchange it. Is this true? Do you ladies think I can exchange the bag if I just walk into the store?

Thanks in advance!!!!

Depending on the condition of the bag you received, I think a 15% discount for missing authenticity cards (obviously more important than the bag tag) is actually pretty generous! If you’re happy with the condition, I personally would take the discount. Not trying to minimize the condition in which the bag arrived - I think it’s absurd that Saks would send something out that way!

That being said, I honestly don’t think you’ll have a problem doing an exchange at the YSL boutique here (hi fellow ny-er!). I have purchased 2 YSL bags, (one from Selfridges, and one from Printemps), and for different reasons, exchanged them both at the 57th street location, with absolutely no problem at all. If the missing paperwork really bothers you, I’d go in with your receipt, and explain what happened - I’d be shocked if they gave you any issue.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: Gabs007
Depending on the condition of the bag you received, I think a 15% discount for missing authenticity cards (obviously more important than the bag tag) is actually pretty generous! If you’re happy with the condition, I personally would take the discount. Not trying to minimize the condition in which the bag arrived - I think it’s absurd that Saks would send something out that way!

That being said, I honestly don’t think you’ll have a problem doing an exchange at the YSL boutique here (hi fellow ny-er!). I have purchased 2 YSL bags, (one from Selfridges, and one from Printemps), and for different reasons, exchanged them both at the 57th street location, with absolutely no problem at all. If the missing paperwork really bothers you, I’d go in with your receipt, and explain what happened - I’d be shocked if they gave you any issue.

Good luck!

Hiiii! Thank you so much for your comment, I actually went to the store yesterday, they didn't have my bag in stock but offered to check the inventory at other locations. They were all nice. I am leaning towards exchanging it (I really hope they can find another one) but if they can't find a replacement I will take the % off. I am really obsessed with the color of this bag!

Hiiii! Thank you so much for your comment, I actually went to the store yesterday, they didn't have my bag in stock but offered to check the inventory at other locations. They were all nice. I am leaning towards exchanging it (I really hope they can find another one) but if they can't find a replacement I will take the % off. I am really obsessed with the color of this bag!

Ugh! I’m sorry they didn’t have your bag in stock, but so glad your experience was a good one. Fingers crossed they can find it at another store and get it for you!

Do Saint Laurent bags normally come with an authenticity card? I don’t think any of mine have them.

Both of my bags (small loulou and lou camera bag) came with an authenticity card, authenticity booklet, controle card, and a little care booklet.

Both of my bags (small loulou and lou camera bag) came with an authenticity card, authenticity booklet, controle card, and a little care booklet.
Yup, same here! That’s why I was so surprised.
Girl, another big thank you for your comment on visiting the store, you were so right and everyone there is so so so nice! I usually go to the Greene St location or online, but I’m making the switch now.

Yup, same here! That’s why I was so surprised.
Girl, another big thank you for your comment on visiting the store, you were so right and everyone there is so so so nice! I usually go to the Greene St location or online, but I’m making the switch now.

Your bag is gorgeous!!!

No problem - I’m so glad everything worked out for you! They really are great at the 57th street store.
Enjoy your new bag!