Saks.com - potential identity fraud - help!

hotstar16

O.G.
Apr 11, 2006
The past week or so, I have noticed that there were items in my saks bag that I did not put in there. I merely deleted and dismissed this issue, until today. I have been refreshing the sale site for returns, and today the Chloe bag I have been pining for popped up. It was not yet sold out, so I frantically added it into my card. I got to the final checkout page, when I noticed something was not right... ALL of the personal information was another person's, including billing info! I freaked out, logged out and back in again, and of course the bag sold out within that time. While I'm slightly jilted by missing out on the bag, I am far more concerned about this other person's information being out there for me to see. It makes me wonder if the same thing is happening with my info.

Does anyone know whom I can report this to? I've had a plethora of issues with Saks' CS lately - receiving damaged items, not being properly credited for an in-store return, even being hung up on by a phone rep who was supposed to credit me for something (and never did). I have found both e-mails and phone calls to Saks to be less than productive lately, so I contacted them on Facebook, and have yet to hear back. I take such an invasion of privacy as this to be very alarming, so I was wondering if anyone knew of any agencies I could report this to. I'd rather not become a victim of identity theft if I can help it!

Change your password immediately and take screen shots of everything. See if you can pull up a purchase/transaction history and look for unauthorized transactions. Be sure to take screen shots of that too.

If you have a Saks card associated with your account, there should be a phone number on the back for you to call 24 hours a day.

I was just frauded on Friday when someone logged into my account and sent themselves a gift card. Fortunately I saw the email notification thanking me right away and called customer service. Saks cancelled the order, I deleted the credit cards I had on file, and Saks reset my password so I could change it.

I would call them again, delete your credit card info there, and maybe alert your credit card company to the issues.

OMG, this happened to me. good thing no fraud on my credit card. I wonder if this is actually fraud or system glitch that accounts just got messed up...I am not happy with saks customer service because they just merely suggested reset pswd. if it's a real credit card company, they would have taken extra steps to make sure our accounts are secure!

OMG, this happened to me. good thing no fraud on my credit card. I wonder if this is actually fraud or system glitch that accounts just got messed up...I am not happy with saks customer service because they just merely suggested reset pswd. if it's a real credit card company, they would have taken extra steps to make sure our accounts are secure!

Saks store cards are offered through Capital One Bank. You can call their fraud department or contact the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau which regulates credit cards.