Saks.com is RIDICULOUS

I've had basically the same problem. They sent out the wrong bag, then called to have it picked up. Now, I'm still waiting for them to "find"it and return the charge. Never say never, but I will think long before purchasing anything online or in store from Saks.

WOW. So sorry to hear about this. Did you take pictures of the package & bag as you opened it? Maybe with pictures, you can prove that they sent you the wrong bag.

I never thought of taking pictures until I read about it here. Hope you get your money back.

Sorry to hear that OP!

I also had a problem with saks.com and their customer service.

They sent me the wrong order. Customer service arranged for FedEx to pick up the wrong order right away but it took them forever to send me my correct order. I kept calling on the status/tracking info for my order several times, but it was basically useless because “they don’t have access to information from the warehouse”. Twice, the customer rep. offered to take down my telephone number. They said they would give me a call back once they hear back from their warehouse. I never got any calls. My order showed up miraculously after 3 weeks.

This is a long and unpleasant story:

Everyone knew that Saks.com had a huge after-xmas sale. I placed an order with them on 12/25/09: a Maison Martin Margiela X-Shaped Hobo in gray and a pair of Miu Miu flats. Lovely. I received the order on 1/5/10 and opened it up excitedly. I saw the flats, they were adorable. Then the bag...it wasn't gray. It didn't look like the bag I purchased online. The leather was really really soft, but it was black with blue decoration. NOT MY BAG. I called sak.com CS immediately to inquire. The representative apologized for the mistake and arranged a fedex guy to pick it up the next day. I was happy with the service. (I ended up returning the flats as well because I bought too many pairs of shoes...) The package was returned to the Sak's distribution center on 1/8/10.

After two weeks, I still had not seen the refund come through, so I called to follow up. Again, they apologized for the inconvenience and would check with the distribution center.

A week or so later, I got a package from the distribution center with a letter saying that they could not accept my return on the bag because they could not find this particular item in their system and Saks does not carry it. WTH!!! :wtf: I returned the bag because it was not the same bag that I ordered and now they were telling me that it is MY FAULT that this was not the same bag??!!! RIDICULOUS!!!! So I called CS immediately and told them what happened and I was now irritated by this whole situation. The lady this time said she was sincerely empathized with me and offered me a fedex pickup the next day and would make sure she let the distribution center knows what had happened. She also offered to send me $25 giftcard for my inconvenience. She said that she would call me to let me know the status by the end of the week. I really appreciated how nice she was. So I gave it another try.

Another two weeks later, I had not heard anything from the nice CS lady or had not seen the giftcard. I finally would not deal with it anymore and filed a dispute with my credit card company. The credit card company called and asked me the standard questions and what had happened. I told them everything and they said they would talk to Sak.com and see what was going on.

A few days later, I received a credit on my statements and an email from Saks.com saying that they completed the refund. BUT THAT'S NOT THE END OF THE STORY. Saks did not issue me a refund. It was my credit card company who put that charge on hold.

Fast forward a couple week later - today, I received a phone call from Saks.com Security Department telling me the bag I returned was not in their system and could not issue me my refund of almost $500. She basically implied that I was trying to cheat their system and I am no longer allowed to purchase from Saks.com. I will have to make purchase at the store only! I WAS AND STILL AM FURIOUS! I don't know how the wrong bag would get shipped out at the first place and WHY AM I THE ONE TO BLAME FOR????!!!! I told that lady on the phone, it is perfectly fine that I don't shop at sak.com anymore because there are a lot of other department stores that I can buy from. Not my loss.

Thank you for letting me share my story and vent! Just be aware that if you receive a wrong item from Sak.com, you will probably not be able to get a refund. :pout:

Good Afternoon,

My name is Russel and I am with Saks Direct. I received an alert, (not lurking) for this earlier and I was not able to reply right then and I apologize for my delayed reply.

I would like to follow up on this and could you please send me your order number and thank you.

^hope that Russel will address this and explain exactly what happened

and why you had to be subjected to all that you were.. talk about SFA being

unprofessional.. let's see how it all gets resolved... they need to check what is

going on in their distribution center and get tot the bottom of why this happened..

ITA....this is getting way out of hand....however it is good that companies are paying attention to site like this and are acting on complaints published on the internet....how else are they going to know what's REALLY going on..?!

ITA....this is getting way out of hand....however it is good that companies are paying attention to site like this and are acting on complaints published on the internet....how else are they going to know what's REALLY going on..?!

Hi Emmy,

Thank you and we really do care. It is one of the best ways to keep our finger on the pulse and our social media department continues to grow in order to better serve this media as well.

WOW. So sorry to hear about this. Did you take pictures of the package & bag as you opened it? Maybe with pictures, you can prove that they sent you the wrong bag.

I never thought of taking pictures until I read about it here. Hope you get your money back.

I should've taken a picture...I just didn't think how much hassle this would cost. Maybe I should start doing that. Thanks for the great suggestion!