Saks Chanel Shipping Charge

AngieBaby15

Mar 20, 2015
Hoping someone can provide me with more info on shipping charges from Chanel inside Saks.

I have never been charged any shipping fees for buying Chanel inside Saks (and other brands like LV too). Recently I was looking for a specific item, which my regular Saks Chanel SA did not have. She was nice enough to locate this item for me from an out-of-state Saks store. The item is being shipping from the other store. When I was checking my receipt, I noticed that the other store charged me for something called 2nd day (I assume this is 2nd day shipping) and also charged me tax for the shipping fee. Can someone clarify if this is normal? May be free shipping varies across stores? Both my regular Chanel and LV SA inside Saks ship for free so I always though this is normal.

Thanks guys.

Hoping someone can provide me with more info on shipping charges from Chanel inside Saks.

I have never been charged any shipping fees for buying Chanel inside Saks (and other brands like LV too). Recently I was looking for a specific item, which my regular Saks Chanel SA did not have. She was nice enough to locate this item for me from an out-of-state Saks store. The item is being shipping from the other store. When I was checking my receipt, I noticed that the other store charged me for something called 2nd day (I assume this is 2nd day shipping) and also charged me tax for the shipping fee. Can someone clarify if this is normal? May be free shipping varies across stores? Both my regular Chanel and LV SA inside Saks ship for free so I always though this is normal.

Thanks guys.

I do not have a saks in my state, so when I have Chanel shipped from saks there is no tax. I checked the receipt from my last purchase and there is a line for "shipping" with the shipping charge in there, then under it says "override" and the shipping charge is negated. That leads me to believe that it is up to the SA to change the shipping to free shipping, but that is just my guess. I'm not sure what the official policy is.

Thanks Nicole. Hopefully someone can clarify what the official policy is for shipping.

I looked though my old receipts and l just noticed too that the shipping charges got override. I have Saks in my state so I do get charged tax. But it's just a new thing to me to be charged shipping and on top of that tax for the shipping charge. The receipt shows the other store and SA name. I don't know if I should reach out to my regular SA (who helped me find this item) or the other store whose name is on the receipt. I don't know the other SA. The whole transaction was done via my regular SA (not sure how the commission works in this case. can 2 SA "split" commission if they worked on an order together?). This is for the triple pt pre-sell that Saks is doing right now.

Reactions: nicole0612
How did you pay for the item? I think if you use a Saks credit card there is no charge for shipping but other forms of payment do incur the shipping fee. I'm not 100% on this but I know when I've used other forms of payment they have charged me. I would definitely call you SA and she might be able to credit that for you.

How did you pay for the item? I think if you use a Saks credit card there is no charge for shipping but other forms of payment do incur the shipping fee. I'm not 100% on this but I know when I've used other forms of payment they have charged me. I would definitely call you SA and she might be able to credit that for you.

Great info. I did not know other forms of payment get charged shipping fee.
But I used my Saks MPA, which is a form of Saks payment.

Great info. I did not know other forms of payment get charged shipping fee.
But I used my Saks MPA, which is a form of Saks payment.

I got charged return shipping from the .com site and I called and complained and it was removed! Seems as if there is a return shipping charge to .com. Saks.The company is trying to get the customer to pay for returned goods.Even though you used your MPA account, there should not have been a shipping charge. Call and complain and they will remove it! I use only Saks credit card for Saks purchases and MPA for the big purchases.

I got charged return shipping from the .com site and I called and complained and it was removed! Seems as if there is a return shipping charge to .com. Saks.The company is trying to get the customer to pay for returned goods.Even though you used your MPA account, there should not have been a shipping charge. Call and complain and they will remove it! I use only Saks credit card for Saks purchases and MPA for the big purchases.

Thanks guys. I needed to find out if shipping charge was normal before I go ask and it seems like it's not.
I did just reached out to my regular SA. I'll see what she can do about this. I don't mind paying for shipping if I was told ahead of time. But I got a surprise, which I don't like.

I think .com return (unless for a defective or incorrect item) always incurs a return shipping charge. At least this is what I saw on the paperwork that usually come with my orders. I don't return often but for that once or twice, I ended up driving to the store to make the return. Next time, I'll try calling customer service to get it removed. Store is not close so I dislike driving there.

I think u get charged when it's 2 day shipping (kind of like express) as opposed to regular or standard shipping 4-7 day which is free when I pay with the saks card. They should have asked u to decide to pay or not or how urgent u need the item. They do get split commission when item is sourced from another store.

Last edited:
I don't have a Saks card but my SA always overrides the shipping fee for me. I think it just varies on the SA. if it was coming from another store, the Sa from that store probably didn't override it because you're not one of her regular customers. Just a thought

You get charged for second day shipping but not regular shipping. It's up to the SA to waive second day shipping and they usually do that if there was a delay on THEIR END getting it out to the buyer. It doesn't matter what method of payment you use.

I heard back from my SA and she said she will credit me back the shipping charge. She was really busy with the pre-sell so I didn't want to bother her to explain to me how all the different shipping options work.

The interesting thing though is that I never requested express shipping or any particular shipping option. And I always thought I don't get to actually have the item during pre-sell right away anyways. I dont know the other SA so may be express shipping is what she usually does for her clients.

I'm glad to hear at least my SA gets some part of the commission. It's for a so black boy so I think it took her a while to locate one.

When it's a locator order then your SA has to work with another location SA, but the other location SA is the one who rings you up. Oftentimes things get lost in translation between your SA and the ringing SA. Probably what happened with your shipping. It's sweet that your SA is taking care of refunding your shipping charge.